Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined this group to learn as much as I can before I buy something. Will be reading through forum as much as possible and Was wondering where should I start ? TIA.

I’ll most likely look for something used since this would be my first slingshot and also ride 2 wheels.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Hard to say since posts can cover a very wide range of topics. Generally speaking, I'd suggest focusing on reviews of products. Once you've identified a particular range of model years you might consider buying, then start focusing on those years and models. You may find certain models that offer the color or other specific options you feel you want. Repainting a Slingshot can be expensive, for example, so if you want a particular color, it will probably affect the models and years you should focus on. Many folks say to wait for a while after purchase before starting mods, buying new add-ons, etc. The wait can help you realize areas where you might feel change is warranted.
Buying used, especially when a used Slingshot still has remaining warranty coverage, can save money while still providing peace-of-mind. If you're mechanically inclined and willing to do your own work, the 2015-2019 Slingshots have very reliable motor and parts availability just about everywhere. If you want the AutoDrive transmission, that will restrict your choices to 2020+ models.
There are lots of ways to customize just about any model Slingshot and it can quickly damage your wallet! But, it's FUN!

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
If you been riding a 2 wheeler and like most of us wondering if you can still hold up the thing ... just JUMP right in the Slingshot. I did not start riding until age 50...and did 250,000 miles on a Gold Wing. At 71 in 2015 jumped into the seat of a Slingshot and have done 117,000 miles and loving every mile.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome @WA-sling ! Buying a used Slingshot with the original ecotech engine is a great way to save some $$. I bought my 1st Sling used and had no issues. Your timing could really work to your advantage as winter approaches and the riding season basically ends (there's always a nice day here and there and this current stretch of sunny days seems like it's never going to end). If you take your time I would think you could find a good deal on something. If you're adventurous you can also look outside your area. If you're in Washington state whereabouts are you? I'm down in the Vancouver area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I just joined this group to learn as much as I can before I buy something. Will be reading through forum as much as possible and Was wondering where should I start ? TIA.

I’ll most likely look for something used since this would be my first slingshot and also ride 2 wheels.
I am also a newbie. I want to learn as much information as possible before making a purchase.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Daughter bought a 2008 spyder when they came out. She was one of the first 2500. Big deal got a sticker on the handle bars. She still has it. I hated the handling. I drove 2 wheelers for 50+ years. Never could get use to the push and pull in turns on the Spyder. Much like a snowmobile. Bought a 2015 sling and picked it up 12/20/14. Gave up 2 wheeler 2 seasons later. Never used it any longer. Sold the Wing with 101k on it. I now have 109k on the sling and still LOVE it! Never missed the wing.

·
Registered
2022 Slingshot R Automatic
1 Posts
Just picked up my 2022 Slingshot R Automatic 2 days ago. Looks like I may have to get my 500 mile service next week. I live in Chesnee, SC 73 years old and have ridden bikes since I was 12. Have rented Slingshot, but this is the first purchase of one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts