Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New guy here. Just found this forum this morning via a link from Spyderlovers.com where I've been a member for years. Been riding motorcycles since I was 8 starting with mini bikes, trail bikes, motocrossers. Had a Honda CB100 get me through high school. Joined the Air Force and had less opportunity to ride until after my kids were a bit older. Got a Suzuki RM125 then DR250 and later DR650 (dirt roots run deep). Finally one day in 2008 I was on the highway and saw a Can Am Spyder. I was instantly hooked. Did my research and found the local dealer and within a week or so had placed my order for a 2008 Spyder. Loved that machine and did everything possible to turn it into a touring bike to ride with the wife. Mountain bikes lead to road bikes and the higher speeds and leaning again got to me (that and my son in law's Ninja) and I went back to two wheels with a BMW K1600GTL. The ultimate touring bike that was stolen, recovered by the police and totaled out by my insurance company. Looking at replacements, I saw the new 2104 Spyders with the larger engines and went back to three wheels. For whatever reason, I can't seem to drive a normal vehicle. It was on the Spyderlovers.com site that I saw teasers about the Slingshot and started doing searches. This vehicle looks like another one the defies categorization and I like it. Haven't found a local dealer to get a look see or a test drive and from what I've read here, the first year will be a low production year so getting your hands on one will be tough. May have to wait for a second year run to get one. Also might want to see some new features as I'm sure they will be forthcoming. Thanks, Tony

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tony! Definitely give your surrounding dealers a call and see if you can get on a waiting list. We are hearing that most dealers will get their first delivers sometime in October.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts