Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Bryan, I'm from Fix My Toys. Im here to answer any questions you may have about your Slingshot! Whether it be a mechanical question or if you just need a part or accessory quote ill do my best to get you the lowest price! I do have quite a bit of knowledge on the Ecotec engine platform so hopefully i can put it to good use here.

Hope to hear from some of you soon, Bryan

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Bryan, Welcome to the forum. And with that welcome, let me be the first with a few questions.
How hard do you think it would be to rig up some tow-points (preferably detachable) to the front of the Slingshot so it could be towed w/an A-frame tow-bar?
Also, how hard do you think it would be to remove the belt for reduced wear to the driveline when towing?
Finally, are you aware of any waterproof , marine grade AM/FM Stereo systems w/display inputs? Ideally I would prefer a system supporting two cameras to cover behind the vehicle and the front of the vehicle when approaching speed bumps or curbs when parking. I've found marine stereos and waterproof cameras, but finding a waterproof display is more difficult.

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bryan, Welcome to the forum. And with that welcome, let me be the first with a few questions.
How hard do you think it would be to rig up some tow-points (preferably detachable) to the front of the Slingshot so it could be towed w/an A-frame tow-bar?
Also, how hard do you think it would be to remove the belt for reduced wear to the driveline when towing?
Finally, are you aware of any waterproof , marine grade AM/FM Stereo systems w/display inputs? Ideally I would prefer a system supporting two cameras to cover behind the vehicle and the front of the vehicle when approaching speed bumps or curbs when parking. I've found marine stereos and waterproof cameras, but finding a waterproof display is more difficult.
Unfortunately i havent had to chance to see these units in person, but i cant imagine it would be too hard to find something to act as a towing point. as far as belt removal goes it shouldn't be too hard, similar to the belts found on some motorcycles. And lastly, the only marine grade audio components im aware of have no video inputs. However, i was able to come up with this from a quick google seach. http://www.visorview.com/trailer_cameras.html

Hope this helped, Bryan

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Bryan, I have found similar units, but the displays all seem designed for a vehicle's enclosed interior. I found a couple of rear-view cam systems designed for motorcycles, at least one of which appears to have a water-resistant display (the other claimed water-resistant, but recommended the display be wrapped in plastic wrap). Unfortunately, I need to relocate the link because I don't remember it.
I'll keep searching as I still have too much time:(while I wait for my Slingshot to get delivered to the dealer.

·
Vendor
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Bryan, I have found similar units, but the displays all seem designed for a vehicle's enclosed interior. I found a couple of rear-view cam systems designed for motorcycles, at least one of which appears to have a water-resistant display (the other claimed water-resistant, but recommended the display be wrapped in plastic wrap). Unfortunately, I need to relocate the link because I don't remember it.
I'll keep searching as I still have too much time:(while I wait for my Slingshot to get delivered to the dealer.
Just finished spending a lot of time with my nose buried in the slingshot book. Looks like Polaris has an accessory that includes a rear view camera and full audio system for your base model. This is the kit that comes standard on the SL

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Thanks for the pics as they are definitely the best pics of the Infotainment system I've seen. Can you tell us what the labeled buttons are on both sides of the display? I'm investigating alternatives to the Infotainment system simply because it seems awfully expensive at almost $2200.
Another forum member pointed out what looked like damage to one of the front lower wings, prompting me to also think about a second camera that looks forward so the driver can estimate clearances when parking. This would definitely help protect the lower front end when parking.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The screen looks really nice in the picture, but looks a little cheap in real photos. I wonder how good the screen quality really is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts