Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Hoping to put a deposit down tomorrow. I'm 36 and I ride motorcycles all year for everything except grocery shopping. Looking to replace my commuter bike with the SS. I've only dreamt of having a vehicle like this as far back as I can remember. I am a little concerned about the rain though. I know its being marketed as "waterproof." However, if I let it SIT in the rain, will I be "riding" home inside a bucket of cold water? I hope it wouldn't actually hold water. Does anyone here know that has actually sat in it? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
I haven't sat in it, but I'm in the same exact boat as you, but I live in Florida, so it's always freakin raining. From what I've read and seen in pictures, the middle of the seat is somewhat of a channel to direct water, and there is some sort of drain system so you will not be sitting in a puddle. Might keep a towel in the glove box to wipe off spray and you should be good! I'm hoping there will be some aftermarket soft top with a quick zipper system (wind screen to rollbars). Coupled with a taller wind screen and a wiper, I feel like this would be a perfect solution for me.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I first saw the channel in the seat I assumed it was designed like a bicycle seat so that it would not cause impotency ;) since the seats looked hard in photos. As I read more, they're apparently very comfortable. That makes sense that it would be there to channel water. I don't know why that didn't cross my mind. I guess a cockpit cover and a towel would be the way to go. Putting a cover on every day in the pooring rain may get old fast.:confused: I want one though.....Probably bad enough.

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
At least one of the cockpit pictures out there shows the drain holes in the floor near the seats.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Or to be safe you could always wear a rain coat and carry an umbrella.
Like some do when they take a shower.
C'mon...this a is FUN machine not a '48 Chevy sedan.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Again, hotrod, not everyone is like you. Quit trying to rain on our parades.

My fun machines have 0-60 times of 2.3 seconds, this is going to be a cage alternative for me.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
The seats are easy to dry too. Wipe them off once, and they're dry for the remainder of your ride (until it rains again).

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hello everyone,

Hoping to put a deposit down tomorrow. I'm 36 and I ride motorcycles all year for everything except grocery shopping. Looking to replace my commuter bike with the SS. I've only dreamt of having a vehicle like this as far back as I can remember. I am a little concerned about the rain though. I know its being marketed as "waterproof." However, if I let it SIT in the rain, will I be "riding" home inside a bucket of cold water? I hope it wouldn't actually hold water. Does anyone here know that has actually sat in it? Thanks. :)

I have ridden my SS over 50 miles in some times torrential down pour. NO it does not hole water. There are several scoops under the seats that allow water to flow out. I terry cloth off the seats if they are wet before Loading.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts