Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up and wanted to say 'Hi" to all the boys, girls and those that are still yet undecided.
I'm in Moore Ok, Tornado capital of the universe, the last one missed us by about 300 yards but all is well and I even got pictures! lol Anyway I currently own a 2007 Suzuki M109R ( < my baby) and a 98 Goldwing with 28,000 miles and matching trailer which would make a nice lil down payment on a Slingshot of the SL variety.
I saw on the 109 forum where someone had posted a video about this thing I had never heard of called a "Slingshot". I commenced to watch this video and realized within seconds my nipples were gitin hard! Long story short...I believe im gunna have to go put a deposit down on one this weekend. I'll keep ya posted on that. I've been reading fast and furious and even got Mama's thumbs up on the deal. One minor issue... someone's gunna have ta clean out my garage.
Poor gal. I'll have ta take her a glass of tea once in a while. thanks for the good reading and I'll holler back soon.

Okierider

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I put on my big girl panties and dropped a deposit on an SL SS !!!! Yeah I'm a future owner !!
As many have stated, my dealer in Chickasha, Oklahoma is to receive 3 units as an initial Stock order, of those 3 two are SL's and one base unit. One of the SL's is to be their demo unit as Polaris expects them to do, the two remaining units are for lucky people like me and I snagged the SL.
Again as many have posted expected delivery is early October. The deal you ask.... 23.999 plus freight of 899.00 plus a 129.00 doc fee, for a grand total of $25.027 out the door. I came very close to taking the base and having everything but the wheels added for one very simple reason, I wanted the grey/black combo instead of Red/black. Going that route would also drop the cost by another $850.00. Add the SL wheels and the price jumps to an additional $1,000 over the SL.
Well I gotta go mow some grass but ill be back soon.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE; Mama has the garage cleaned out, somehow I seem to have done all the work! And the biggie.... I delivered the Goldwing to its new owner Monday ! Wasn't sure that was gunna happen. Gives me some good down payment bucks. So now now as with the rest of you it's just a gut wrenching waiting game. I'm stocked up on antacids though.
Slo.. Even though you didn't make it up to our tiny lil fair, if we ever meet up ill still buy ya dinner or a beer because the pics you were able to get were awesome. Anyhoo... The waiting continues.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Okierider, I zoomed in on it from Google Earth, thinking to locate the gates you mentioned and not have to walk all over Hell and half of Jordan and realized that it would not matter what gate I went in. I do not like going to the the Texas State Fair it's just to friggin big. Parking is a nightmare and I feel the need to carry both Colt Python's and a throw down.

BTW I am a Kiamichi Mountain Boy, the whole family is from there

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just signed up and wanted to say 'Hi" to all the boys, girls and those that are still yet undecided.
I'm in Moore Ok, Tornado capital of the universe, the last one missed us by about 300 yards but all is well and I even got pictures! lol Anyway I currently own a 2007 Suzuki M109R ( < my baby) and a 98 Goldwing with 28,000 miles and matching trailer which would make a nice lil down payment on a Slingshot of the SL variety.
I saw on the 109 forum where someone had posted a video about this thing I had never heard of called a "Slingshot". I commenced to watch this video and realized within seconds my nipples were gitin hard! Long story short...I believe im gunna have to go put a deposit down on one this weekend. I'll keep ya posted on that. I've been reading fast and furious and even got Mama's thumbs up on the deal. One minor issue... someone's gunna have ta clean out my garage.
Poor gal. I'll have ta take her a glass of tea once in a while. thanks for the good reading and I'll holler back soon.

Okierider
Shawnee, OK here

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am located in Moore OK also and own a red one I have been driving around the area the past two months. If you have any questions, want to see it more, go for a ride or anything let me know! I think its great more people here in my area are getting these awesome toys!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome Sherry and jdove. Good to see some fellow Okies out stylin and profilin. Sherry I was the Matco Tools Distributor in Shawnee from 97 to 01, and still have a few friends there.
Here in Moore I believe there are now 4 SL's runnin around. People all the time texting, asking if that was me goin by. Lol. Last Friday 5 coworkers told me they passed another SL as they were coming back from lunch around 19th and Sunnylane.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Really!? I drive this thing all over Moore and have yet to see or hear of another one. Where is everyone hiding!? haha

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meeting up somewhere would be a blast. Hard part around here is where to ride to. Most fun I've had so far is the road that runs in front of Arbuckle Wilderness known as K-Star or River Road. Unfortunately it's 65-70 miles away. I rode up to Pop's a couple weeks ago and had to park in the parking lot. No room in bike parking. Somewhat as expected, as packed as they were Only 1 (one) "biker" walked over to check out the SS. Ego is a funny thing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
What area are you in? I'm in Shawnee. We usually head out to Tahlahena dr. There is also suppose to be a good ride up around Broken Bow.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in Moore. The Talimena drive would be a goodern !! I've only done it once. The broken bow area I know nuttin about.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have to do some checking around and try to pull something together when it warms up a little. Maybe we need to have a SS bike night somewhere.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mrs Sherry... I like the way you think!!
Hey am I correct that Shawnee Honda is now a Polaris dealer ?? ATV's only ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts