Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Welcome fellow NoVa inhabitant! You already got a deposit on one of these beauties or still gathering the info to potentially pull the trigger on the next batch?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome fellow NoVa inhabitant! You already got a deposit on one of these beauties or still gathering the info to potentially pull the trigger on the next batch?
I'm doing my best to "wait and see." I may call and see what the deposit refund policy is. You?

BTW, my closet dealer is Coleman in Woodbridge. You?

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Winchester, Frederick, and Woodbridge are all about the same distance.

I had a friend recommend Winchester but I haven't heard any bad info on the others either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Ryder,

I put down a $500 deposit at Coleman in Falls Church. Is that Coleman in Winchester or something else? I figured waiting might mean waiting a year so if it's refundable what the hell! ;-) You can always say no when the time comes and get a refund of the deposit.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Coleman is Woodbridge and Falls Church.

SLINGER - did they tell you if you were one of the first or did they just take your deposit and smile?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought so but the shop in Winchester says "Powersports" too, no? And it's visible from Rt 7, right? I never considered them honestly.

He said I was third on the list. I thought that pretty good at the time but was discouraged to read here that only three will be given to each shop and one has to stay on the floor. Not sure how true that is, they should distribute by population of the area. ;-)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Some dealers tell me refundable and some say no. Deposits range from $500 to $2000.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I thought so but the shop in Winchester says "Powersports" too, no? And it's visible from Rt 7, right? I never considered them honestly.

He said I was third on the list. I thought that pretty good at the time but was discouraged to read here that only three will be given to each shop and one has to stay on the floor. Not sure how true that is, they should distribute by population of the area. ;-)
Curious - why didn't you consider them? Is there something I don't know or is it because its so far away?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Curious - why didn't you consider them? Is there something I don't know or is it because its so far away?
No, I know nothing about them as I've never been there. Winchester is much farther than Falls Church from me. I never go to Falls Church but last year as I was searching for a side by side I went there looking on a Saturday and found they didn't have any SxS's so I went to Woodbridge where they had a pretty good selection and purchased the RZR 570 on the spot and had it delivered that day. Sometimes I don't screw around. And I've been real happy with it with a couple of exceptions which I've dealt with in one way or another. I started out thinking about getting a golf cart to be honest and it just kind of escalated from there. ;-)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Ryder,

I put down a $500 deposit at Coleman in Falls Church. Is that Coleman in Winchester or something else? I figured waiting might mean waiting a year so if it's refundable what the hell! ;-) You can always say no when the time comes and get a refund of the deposit.
I've been to both, but have really only dealt with the one in Woodbridge. Never bought a vehicle from them, just parts and accessories. I'd be curious to here about your experience. Mine has been mostly good with the accessories sales team. The repair shop...not so much. Took my motorcycle in for the 4k maintenance and to have them look at vibration issue at speeds above 65mph. $500 later, they found no issue. I checked the odometer and found that they put 2-3 miles on the bike. Not sure how they got it above 65 when the highway is almost a mile away. Needless to say, I'm not keen on going back there for service.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
I will let you know about Winchester. They aren't a Coleman dealership but I have heard good things from a buddy of mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been to both, but have really only dealt with the one in Woodbridge. Never bought a vehicle from them, just parts and accessories. I'd be curious to here about your experience. Mine has been mostly good with the accessories sales team. The repair shop...not so much. Took my motorcycle in for the 4k maintenance and to have them look at vibration issue at speeds above 65mph. $500 later, they found no issue. I checked the odometer and found that they put 2-3 miles on the bike. Not sure how they got it above 65 when the highway is almost a mile away. Needless to say, I'm not keen on going back there for service.
When I purchased my RZR there the experience was fine. I got it delivered that evening in the trailer I bought from them too so I liked the instant gratification. I appreciate the feedback on service because to be honest I really don't want to have to lug it all the way down there and then back again after the service because it's too far away. Does anyone know if I have a chance at doing the service myself??? If it's not to difficult or take too many specialty tools I would prefer that option. Or maybe a third party that is closer, do you have any suggestions?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad your purchase experience was good. That makes me feel a little better about the sales group.

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
You should be able to do most of the maintenance yourself if you have done it on cars previously.

Most of the SS is car - not motorcycle so you should be good. Plus any mechanic that has seen a GM power plant before can help you. I read that even the pcm was lifted from the Solstice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Woodbridge is taking $1000 deposits. The sales guys were really cool there. The Asst Manager actually went to the big event at their headquarters. He had some great pics and video.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts