Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted something to replace my two wheeler, a 2013 HD Street Bob. I put $100 down on an Eloi at last year's Bikeweek in Daytona when production was to begin in Q4 2014. Production now claimed to be Q4 2015. I own a very expensive tee shirt now and little else. I took a test ride on the Can Am Spyder, but was unimpressed. On September 21, our newspaper had a brief blurb on the Slingshot. Quickly went to the web to see where the Jacksonville dealer was. He is in New Smyrna Beach just south of Daytona. Visited the dealer last Thursday and put a deposit on the SL model. Yes, the upgrades are expensive, but I have only so much riding time left. According to the dealer, I'm to get the third SL, so I am on the second tier. Still, I am very eager to get the call whenever it may come. I have read every post on the forum except the Forced Induction section as I won't go turbo or supercharger. Hope there are others in the area who will be ordering, or maybe not. I am looking forward to my wife riding with me which hasn't happened since 2007. This is an excellent forum and I'm glad to be a part of it.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome Hardy.
I hope to be driving the Slingshot on Amelia Island soon not far from you.
Welcome to the mad house waiting room. There is a bunch of great guys and gals on this forum with your same interest. Some great educational reading and a lot of interesting funny stuff to read. Have fun waiting.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another NE FL resident.
I hope to be driving mine all over NE FL when i finally get my paws on it.
And my Elio t-shirt cost me $500 and the bumper sticker was another $500.
I am all in at $1k.
Been to scared to take them out of the plastic bag because they might get dirty or something.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I wanted something to replace my two wheeler, a 2013 HD Street Bob. I put $100 down on an Eloi at last year's Bikeweek in Daytona when production was to begin in Q4 2014. Production now claimed to be Q4 2015. I own a very expensive tee shirt now and little else. I took a test ride on the Can Am Spyder, but was unimpressed. On September 21, our newspaper had a brief blurb on the Slingshot. Quickly went to the web to see where the Jacksonville dealer was. He is in New Smyrna Beach just south of Daytona. Visited the dealer last Thursday and put a deposit on the SL model. Yes, the upgrades are expensive, but I have only so much riding time left. According to the dealer, I'm to get the third SL, so I am on the second tier. Still, I am very eager to get the call whenever it may come. I have read every post on the forum except the Forced Induction section as I won't go turbo or supercharger. Hope there are others in the area who will be ordering, or maybe not. I am looking forward to my wife riding with me which hasn't happened since 2007. This is an excellent forum and I'm glad to be a part of it.
If you saw a ss on trailer go south its me :)
Hope for you that you will received for Christmas and ride with us :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts