Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to take a moment and say hello. I have been lurking around for the past month. I live in Raleigh NC I have been wanting to build something nasty for the last few years but nothing has really caught my attention since selling my C7 Z06.

I don't watch much tv so I knew nothing about the slingshot. It was a stupid mistake by me that brought me here... I typed in "Polaris Spyder" and lord and behold my mouth fell to the floor when I opened the Polaris web sight.

After building many DSMs back in the day and knowing Hahn Racecraft will be involved with the aftermarket support I'm getting one plain and simple , it will have a turbo, and it will be NASSSSSSTTYYYY!! If Hahn sees this , do you think the Pro EFI could be made to work on this? I loved the traction control it offered. I think a DBB 50trim would be sweet on this thing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Welcome aboard sir! I am glad to see another NC enthusiast on the forum! Do you have a deposit down yet? We will have to catch a ride together sometime. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

As you have probably seen, there is a lot of good info on the forum, and some really great, passionate folks.

See you on the road!

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Yes welcome. The Polaris Spyder is one nasty beast! :D :D

What number are you at your dealership?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't placed an order yet. I am going to wait a few months after its release to see how things hold up with it. I just noticed I said C7 , guess you know where my heads at. I had a 08 C6 apologies. I'm still on the fence with the new corvette, not sure I can get over the rear end.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
I haven't placed an order yet. I am going to wait a few months after its release to see how things hold up with it. I just noticed I said C7 , guess you know where my heads at. I had a 08 C6 apologies. I'm still on the fence with the new corvette, not sure I can get over the rear end.
Oh quit it. You know you want that C7. The rear is nontraditional but that a$$ is dead sexy and you know it. Even if it's not for you, the rest of what you get more than makes up for it. Welcome to the forum brother! Can't wait to see what nasty is.

513 Posts
Just wanted to take a moment and say hello. I have been lurking around for the past month. I live in Raleigh NC I have been wanting to build something nasty for the last few years but nothing has really caught my attention since selling my C7 Z06.

I don't watch much tv so I knew nothing about the slingshot. It was a stupid mistake by me that brought me here... I typed in "Polaris Spyder" and lord and behold my mouth fell to the floor when I opened the Polaris web sight.

After building many DSMs back in the day and knowing Hahn Racecraft will be involved with the aftermarket support I'm getting one plain and simple , it will have a turbo, and it will be NASSSSSSTTYYYY!! If Hahn sees this , do you think the Pro EFI could be made to work on this? I loved the traction control it offered. I think a DBB 50trim would be sweet on this thing.
Hi there! Allow me to extend a hearty welcome, I believe you'll enjoy the forum quite a lot, many great folks here.

Thanks much for your interest in our involvement. We're convinced that Slingshot is a perfect mix for our extensive portfolio of not only pioneering work in the Ecotec world, but also our decades of turbocharging prowess. That we're well-versed in putting extreme power down through a single rear wheel, thanks to our high-powered motorcycle pursuits, is a nice bonus!

I'm hopeful Pro EFI could be adapted, as the Ecotec sensor array is a typical GM approach, so the initial engineering required should already be in place. It will mostly revolve around Pro EFI's capability to control the variable cam timing. We're going to examine several different EFI approaches in a parallel fashion during development so as to weigh their unique capabilities versus what Slingshot shows us it requires for effective operation with enhanced power. Stay tuned, and thanks again for joining the forum!

·
Registered
396 Posts
BIGLD, I did a tour of the Corvette plant a couple of months ago and any reservations I had about the rear of the new Vette are long gone. I do like the looks of the coupe much better than the Vert but either would be welcome in my garage. Either way the Slingshot will put a grin on your face.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome.
Looking forward to your future mods.
Myself I love the new StingRays looks. Plan on having one in my garage
next year

Funny thing folks are having a hard time finding affordable insurance. The way things are stacking up the Vet insurance is going to cost me less. This is per my agent.
59 and perfect record.
Actually it's not funny.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't get me wrong I think the car is a awesome bang for the buck and I think its sexy...... in black, lol.

Corvette insurance was cheap for me compared to other performance cars.. I think it was around 379 for 6 months I'm 33.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Welcome aboard sir! I am glad to see another NC enthusiast on the forum! Do you have a deposit down yet? We will have to catch a ride together sometime. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

As you have probably seen, there is a lot of good info on the forum, and some really great, passionate folks.

See you on the road!
Hey guys I live in Winston Salem and SL should be in next Friday can't wait. Reid

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got mine back in December from the Indian shop in Greensboro. Didn't get a lot of winter riding in with the bad weather and the recall. I'm riding all the time now. I daily drive it to work most days. It has been a ton of fun! ( or at least 1750 lbs worth!) I look forward to catching up with you sometime!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got mine back in December from the Indian shop in Greensboro. Didn't get a lot of winter riding in with the bad weather and the recall. I'm riding all the time now. I daily drive it to work most days. It has been a ton of fun! ( or at least 1750 lbs worth!) I look forward to catching up with you sometime!
Hey HOLDFAST I got my call Saturday that mine is been shipped on June 2nd so I should get it around the 5th. Looking forward also to ride with you I will let you no the DAY it gets here. Thanks for the the support man. Reid

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm just south of winston in davie county .......I ride with a meetup group almost every sun morning
What: Weekly Ride
Who: Winston Salem Motorcycle Riders {we are on bigtent}
When: Sun 10 am - 4 pm EST
Where: Washington Perks & Provisions
228 W Acadia Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27127

would really like to have more slingshots show up
easy to get along with bunch of folks and always open to different road and routes around .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts