Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I somehow did not find out about this upcoming vehicle until today! I just sold my motorcycle (H.D. bagger) and am getting ready to sell my “fun car” to make room for the next thing. I had thought I was going to either build an Exocet (I am in the I really want an Ariel Atom camp for pure driving Nirvana but are in the Budweiser budget category). Here is the Exocet - http://exomotive.com/exocet/ . Looks like a purpose built for fun only car. Yep, that should do the trick, a pain in the neck to get to the first drive as it is not built and getting it through DMV will be no fun for sure, not to mention the whole Miata donor teardown and so on. Then up comes the Slingshot. At first glance it is better looking than the Atom (by far), should be as fast as a stock Exocet (I am SURE we can make it even faster if needed via a turbo kit). Get this – it will cost the SAME as an Exocet and it is ALREADY built for me. I have to admit, at 47 years old, I would rather drive a pure fun car than toil in the garage building my own. The other great thing, it has tilt wheel and adjustable seating. At 6’5” I know I need to sacrifice to fit, but these features along with the removable steering wheel I would add help out a lot (hopefully I fit by hook or crook)! THANK YOU POLARIS!

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
I like the Exocet idea and I think it's a good route to go for people that either already have a Miata or for those that want a project.

I love buying new when I can and there is a thrill factor to buying something new right off the showroom floor. There is also a peace of mind that goes along with that knowing you have a vehicle in your garage that all you have to do is get in and drive.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I somehow did not find out about this upcoming vehicle until today! I just sold my motorcycle (H.D. bagger) and am getting ready to sell my “fun car” to make room for the next thing. I had thought I was going to either build an Exocet (I am in the I really want an Ariel Atom camp for pure driving Nirvana but are in the Budweiser budget category). Here is the Exocet - Exomotive - US Manufacturer of Exocars & Kit Cars | Exocet . Looks like a purpose built for fun only car. Yep, that should do the trick, a pain in the neck to get to the first drive as it is not built and getting it through DMV will be no fun for sure, not to mention the whole Miata donor teardown and so on. Then up comes the Slingshot. At first glance it is better looking than the Atom (by far), should be as fast as a stock Exocet (I am SURE we can make it even faster if needed via a turbo kit). Get this – it will cost the SAME as an Exocet and it is ALREADY built for me. I have to admit, at 47 years old, I would rather drive a pure fun car than toil in the garage building my own. The other great thing, it has tilt wheel and adjustable seating. At 6’5” I know I need to sacrifice to fit, but these features along with the removable steering wheel I would add help out a lot (hopefully I fit by hook or crook)! THANK YOU POLARIS!
Im 6'3 and good fit easy in and out, you'll be fine

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just got my SS on Saturday, I live in maryland so i had to go to a dealer in WV. got a 60 day temp plate that will take me up to July 1 when i can get it register in maryland. But i see I'm not the only one,

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just got my SS on Saturday, I live in maryland so i had to go to a dealer in WV. got a 60 day temp plate that will take me up to July 1 when i can get it register in maryland. But i see I'm not the only one,
Congrats on your purchase, Which model did you buy? I live in MD also and am in the process of checking prices and dealer inventory. Did you get your SS from Ridersville Cycle? I talked to them last week and they didn't have what I wanted in stock but seemed to have good prices. They also said they don't really know which models they will get in and when.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new SS. These forums are a wealth of info about everything SS, just use the search feature and you're there...Good Luck and have fun

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congrats on your purchase, Which model did you buy? I live in MD also and am in the process of checking prices and dealer inventory. Did you get your SS from Ridersville Cycle? I talked to them last week and they didn't have what I wanted in stock but seemed to have good prices. They also said they don't really know which models they will get in and when.
Take your time and shop for what you want and make sure you don't get over loaded with extra fees. Before signing make sure that you have the full price listed. Some people ordered and when the SS came in other fee's were added if they walked away they risked loosing their deposit. Just be on your guard, they know you want this toy, and there may be a large group of MD customers with little local inventory. Good Luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yeah I did buy it at Ridersville, red and black SL, I think it would hard to beat his price. I seen he had some base models ,some turbo sliver and the white pearl, Don't know what your looking for but I would keep checking.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new SS. These forums are a wealth of info about everything SS, just use the search feature and you're there...Good Luck and have fun
Yeah I've been on the site since I been interested in the SS, and yes you can't beat the information passed by the owners

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Congratulations 2.jpg
tom n carol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah I did buy it at Ridersville, red and black SL, I think it would hard to beat his price. I seen he had some base models ,some turbo sliver and the white pearl, Don't know what your looking for but I would keep checking.
Oh, I will, I am looking for the base model black SS and will order a windshield from Sling Mods and maybe a few other goodies. If you don't mind me asking, who did you get insurance with and how much are you paying. Did you shop around for insurance? Erie, who I have my car insurance with, quoted me a price of nearly $900/yr, which I thought was pretty high. That was before the news that MD will now allow you to register them here. Not sure if that will lower the price or not. I will shop around for insurance as well. Thanks and enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh, I will, I am looking for the base model black SS and will order a windshield from Sling Mods and maybe a few other goodies. If you don't mind me asking, who did you get insurance with and how much are you paying. Did you shop around for insurance? Erie, who I have my car insurance with, quoted me a price of nearly $900/yr, which I thought was pretty high. That was before the news that MD will now allow you to register them here. Not sure if that will lower the price or not. I will shop around for insurance as well. Thanks and enjoy your new ride.
I already had motorcycle insurance with state farm, so it run me 500 a year, 250 every 6 months. I'm in Hagerstown, were are you located.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts