Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
iNewton - As I stated earlier, I am here to post about Ecotecs and not CBM. So please don't bring them up in my post from here on out.

I can do a detailed build list, that is not a problem. I will start with my engine and move on to the 2.4s. I will do a much more detailed post a little later but here is what you get for now.

My current setup

• 2.2 Block (gen 1 with less cooling area around the sleeves)
  • Stock 2.2 crank (smoothed out and sharpened)
  • Eagle H-beam rods
  • JE pistons 9:1
  • Stock 2.2 head gasket
  • 2.2 head CNC ported (07 model with individual coils. Very similar to the 2.4 head)
  • Comp 113300 cams (set to a 115° lobe center to help with overlap and DCR. I will touch heavily on DCR and adjustable cam timing later)
  • Adjustable timing gears
  • Patriot dual valve springs (no longer exist)
  • Patriot stainless steel valves (no longer exist)
  • LSJ blower with 2.7" pulley
  • Port matched intake to head
  • LS1 throttle body. Cut the snout off the blower and welded on a LS1 flange to get a true 76mm ID of blower snout.
Now my engine is up and running but is not tuned yet. I am waiting for my radiator to get back, then I will be tuning. Expected numbers are going to around 425-450hp to the crank @ 14-15 PSI on 91 octane only. This thing should also turn around 8000 rpms.
@Bugzilla
Do you do Ecotec Engine builds on the side? I am looking to get 275 to 300 reliable HP out of my 2.4 Ecotec LE5.

·
Vendor
639 Posts
@Bugzilla
Do you do Ecotec Engine builds on the side? I am looking to get 275 to 300 reliable HP out of my 2.4 Ecotec LE5.
Thanks @SlingLow!

@Gemeto - 275-300hp at the wheels is pretty common and easily done anymore. We have a supercharger and a couple turbo options to get you to that power level -

Stage 1 turbo kit is the least expensive option at $2995 - Polaris Slingshot Stage 1 Turbo Kit by DDMWorks

Rotrex Supercharger kit - Polaris Slingshot Rotrex Supercharger Kit by DDMWorks

Stage 2 turbo kit - Polaris Slingshot Stage 2 Turbo Kit by DDMWorks

Let me know if you have any questions on how to get that power level, happy to answer any questions,
Dave

41 - 44 of 44 Posts