@BugzillaiNewton - As I stated earlier, I am here to post about Ecotecs and not CBM. So please don't bring them up in my post from here on out.
I can do a detailed build list, that is not a problem. I will start with my engine and move on to the 2.4s. I will do a much more detailed post a little later but here is what you get for now.
My current setup
Now my engine is up and running but is not tuned yet. I am waiting for my radiator to get back, then I will be tuning. Expected numbers are going to around 425-450hp to the crank @ 14-15 PSI on 91 octane only. This thing should also turn around 8000 rpms.
- 2.2 Block (gen 1 with less cooling area around the sleeves)
- Stock 2.2 crank (smoothed out and sharpened)
- Eagle H-beam rods
- JE pistons 9:1
- Stock 2.2 head gasket
- 2.2 head CNC ported (07 model with individual coils. Very similar to the 2.4 head)
- Comp 113300 cams (set to a 115° lobe center to help with overlap and DCR. I will touch heavily on DCR and adjustable cam timing later)
- Adjustable timing gears
- Patriot dual valve springs (no longer exist)
- Patriot stainless steel valves (no longer exist)
- LSJ blower with 2.7" pulley
- Port matched intake to head
- LS1 throttle body. Cut the snout off the blower and welded on a LS1 flange to get a true 76mm ID of blower snout.
Do you do Ecotec Engine builds on the side? I am looking to get 275 to 300 reliable HP out of my 2.4 Ecotec LE5.