Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I picked up my SS today and drove it from the dealership in about 25degree weather. Roads were fairly clean, don't really wanna get salt much on it but just had to drive it home! Dealership opened just for me to get it today, that is pretty awesome.

My experiences and opinion so far: (drove/rode only about 3 miles)

Definitely some noise when first taking off in the rear end (sounds normal from what most people are saying), after going down the road though I didn't really notice it that much at about 30-50 MPH.

Surprisingly warm considering how cold it was outside. Just had jacket, jeans, shoes, gloves, and helmet on. Windsheild (SL model) makes a huge difference I would guess.

Seems like great handling and very responsive, haven't rode it too much yet but seems very nice.

Brakes - Seemed a little "hard" from what I am used to but that is to be expected with a single piston I believe.

People were looking at me ALL THE TIME! I am the first one to own an SS in my town so nobody has seen them here yet. Some people at a stoplight pulled up next to me and just were shaking their heads up and down and revving their engine.

I had the choice to pick out my SS SL out of 2 of them at the dealership. Both of them were very nice QC on the panels and other areas from everything I could see. Build date on both was 12/14 so I am guessing Polaris is starting to improve on that possibly.

So what did I think of my first short ride? IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BTW: Insurance at Allstate is the cheapest I found ANYWHERE! Only $26.47 per month with a $500 deductible.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Another one to the arctic , it's almost like they don't want them on the road .

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Congrats! Good to know some of the production problems may be being corrected.

·
Vendor
5,411 Posts
Hey everyone,

I picked up my SS today and drove it from the dealership in about 25degree weather. Roads were fairly clean, don't really wanna get salt much on it but just had to drive it home! Dealership opened just for me to get it today, that is pretty awesome.

My experiences and opinion so far: (drove/rode only about 3 miles)

Definitely some noise when first taking off in the rear end (sounds normal from what most people are saying), after going down the road though I didn't really notice it that much at about 30-50 MPH.

Surprisingly warm considering how cold it was outside. Just had jacket, jeans, shoes, gloves, and helmet on. Windsheild (SL model) makes a huge difference I would guess.

Seems like great handling and very responsive, haven't rode it too much yet but seems very nice.

Brakes - Seemed a little "hard" from what I am used to but that is to be expected with a single piston I believe.

People were looking at me ALL THE TIME! I am the first one to own an SS in my town so nobody has seen them here yet. Some people at a stoplight pulled up next to me and just were shaking their heads up and down and revving their engine.

I had the choice to pick out my SS SL out of 2 of them at the dealership. Both of them were very nice QC on the panels and other areas from everything I could see. Build date on both was 12/14 so I am guessing Polaris is starting to improve on that possibly.

So what did I think of my first short ride? IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh BTW: Insurance at Allstate is the cheapest I found ANYWHERE! Only $26.47 per month with a $500 deductible.
Congrats!! Good dealer opening up on a Holiday?! Nice.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Congratulations....what an awesome dealer. Kudos to them. I picked mine up Tuesday evening, and it's been pretty darn cold here as well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if I remember right I didn't wait that long to get mine maybe like a month or so... I was hoping it was going to arrive in the spring or closer to that but they called and said it arrived so there we are... haha

I think they are starting to "work" on some of the issues, I did notice the rubber piece on the top of the hood is starting to come off though...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts