Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you suggest as a maximum height for a driver. I was told its not comfortable for tall people.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
What would you suggest as a maximum height for a driver. I was told its not comfortable for tall people.
Having been hanging with this BUNCH since Feb of 2015..... I have friends 6ft6in and 6ft8in that ride lots. Some of the aftermarket seat give a little more butt/leg room for the tall guys. Have you had a chance to get in/out of a Slingshot? One friend 6ft6in and 300+ has removeable steering wheel which makes it a little easier in/out. Some of the taller guys don't like the 'tops' with the solid crossbar. Where are you located? Near Northern Indiana? I'm in La Porte, IN lets spend a couple hours in the seat before you buy...I'll let you drive mine. I've put a little over 106,000+ miles in the seat since I bought in Feb 2015. Just lots of fun.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
I’m 6’3” and I drive with the seat all the way back. Don’t think I would comfortable if my legs were much longer.
Some of the 'aftermarket' seats set your butt back a little and give you more leg. Being 5ft11in don't need more leg room.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I’m about 6’2” and don’t have a problem driving my 2017 SLR. That being said I would not want to tide in the passenger seat any distance because of the lack of leg room on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having been hanging with this BUNCH since Feb of 2015..... I have friends 6ft6in and 6ft8in that ride lots. Some of the aftermarket seat give a little more butt/leg room for the tall guys. Have you had a chance to get in/out of a Slingshot? One friend 6ft6in and 300+ has removeable steering wheel which makes it a little easier in/out. Some of the taller guys don't like the 'tops' with the solid crossbar. Where are you located? Near Northern Indiana? I'm in La Porte, IN lets spend a couple hours in the seat before you buy...I'll let you drive mine. I've put a little over 106,000+ miles in the seat since I bought in Feb 2015. Just lots of fun.
Unfortunately I’m in NW Arizona 100 miles from Las Vegas appreciate the offer…

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Unfortunately I’m in NW Arizona 100 miles from Las Vegas appreciate the offer…
SlingFest is happening in Las Vegas this weekend. Probably be more than a 100 units there. Most of the guys would probably let you set in one. (the 'old farts' who have been around since the early days would....Feb 2015) Log into Facebook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts