Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there looked into a heater system fo rthe SS? It is about 24 degrees here in central IL, and a little heat would be awsome, at least coming into the cockpit. Since this is the same engine they are putting in multiple other vehicles, could we just strip a heater system and figure out how to fit it under the hood?

·
Registered
542 Posts
A lot of auxiliary auto heaters to be found thru Google. Myself I'd be more interested in a cooling system.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
This thing puts out some decent from the engine bay, you may be surprised.

Otherewise try a car av heated blanket. Put on seat or use around legs. Easy $30 fix.

Reactions: dinger

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Thats funny, My dad is in Florida right now. He has a house down there and in PA. I am trying to figure out when to go on the first road trip and it will definately be a stop.
When you decide to make the trip, give us a holler. I'm sure a bunch of us will meet up with you and we can have a heck of a ride and parade

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I don't know how effective it would be in the Slingshot's open cockpit, but Harbor Freight offers a little heater/defroster that plugs into a power (cigarette) outlet and you could put it on the floor near your legs/seat to hopefully trap some of the heat. I bought one on sale recently for $10, regularly about $15.
There's not a whole lot of room under the dash to place a small radiator and fan, so an electric heater/pad would probably be easier. A heated seat/back cushion can go a long way towards making your core (stomach/chest area) feel comfortable and will make you feel warmer overall.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
This thing puts out some decent from the engine bay, you may be surprised.

Otherewise try a car av heated blanket. Put on seat or use around legs. Easy $30 fix.
In the cold the engine heat....well yeah I never knew about it.....

I personally invested in heavy gloves, jacket, baclava and helmet and was good to about 13 degrees

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Walmart heat packs , open ,shake and heat for 4-5 hours .
Wow, I've been packin' the heat for 30 years now, (9mm or 357) but never used a heat pack.......lol

Seriously, those things work great. I've put them in my shoes to keep my feet warm and when you can keep your feet and hands warm, the rest of your body doesn't seem to mind the cold as much.

·
Registered
119 Posts
got my wife a heated jacket for x-mas and got the plugin hooked to the battery already, then picked up a extra battery wire for her H-D. when she opens it at x-mas she will ask when will this get hooked up already done !! she's always cold.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow, I've been packin' the heat for 30 years now, (9mm or 357) but never used a heat pack.......lol

Seriously, those things work great. I've put them in my shoes to keep my feet warm and when you can keep your feet and hands warm, the rest of your body doesn't seem to mind the cold as much.
When I was a kid we used Bunny Bread plastic wrapper's , big step up from that

·
Registered
88 Posts
Has anyone out there looked into a heater system fo rthe SS? It is about 24 degrees here in central IL, and a little heat would be awsome, at least coming into the cockpit. Since this is the same engine they are putting in multiple other vehicles, could we just strip a heater system and figure out how to fit it under the hood?
James do you have a slingshot, or are you going to get one. I live in Sherman, I got mine last week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I drove mine home from the dealership 30 degrees with the full windshield for 50 miles. Only my hands got cold. I had gloves, jeans, hoodie, and coat with a full helmet, windshield deflects so much wind. I will ride 30 Plus all the time. 24 degrees is to cold for my blood, maybe if they made a heater system, lol. Much more comfortable than any motorcycle

1 - 20 of 20 Posts