Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tired of freezing with a smile on my face so I decided to get some motorcycle heated gear. After much research I decided on Gerbing - here's why:
1. Quality garments. Great stitching, zippers, cords, etc.
2. Can use either 12v Slingshot batter power or optional 12v portable/wireless battery power
3. Lots of heating elements in the garments
4. Heating elements heat VERY quickly. I was astonished how fast you can feel the heat. Literally just seconds after you turn them on. They have their own patented proprietary elements.

I also decided on a permanent heat controller install as I think it is much cleaner than the portable style. You don't have to find somewhere to store a portable wired heat controller which makes it easier to use as well.

This is what the dash looks like now. I installed the two heat controllers in two of the blank switch plates. One controls the jacket and the other controls the gloves/pants/socks so that you can heat different portions of your body differently.
032_compressed.jpg

This is with the left controller on. Note that it looks a little crooked. This is before I used double sided tape to secure the switch blank on the backside. The controller on the right has the tape.
034_compressed.jpg

This is where the wires run out of the center console and go under/behind the driver seat. The arrow shows the disconnection point so you could plug in a different extension if you wanted to - like power a passenger jacket as well as a driver's jacket at the same time.
036_compressed.jpg

This is where I zip tied the jacket receptacle to the seat belt recepticle. Since the jacket's plugs come out on the left side of the jacket, I had to mount them on the left side of the seat. I am not sure if I am going to leave them there or not but it's great for when I forget to unplug before exiting the SS. They disconnect themselves so I don't have to think about it and it doesn't drag a bunch of cord out before it disconnects.
035_compressed.jpg

The heat is awesome and the products work great. I have the heated glove liners and the heated jacket liner. The battery back is cool though very expensive ($200) and it fits in your back - I haven't bought it yet. Most heated gear is either battery powered or hard wired but not both. I suspect this is because it requires a 12v system which is why the Gerbing battery pack is large (covers most of your back when inserted) but it is great to have both options. Plus there are more heating elements in hardwired jackets vs. battery powered ones.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Gerbing products. Everything is quality and works well. No complaints so far and now I can drive when it is below freezing and be very comfortable. No more frozen smiles!

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Slingmods. You guys should sell these quality products. They go well with all this damn cold weather. ;)

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I've got the Gerbing setup for when I ride my Goldwing and have been looking at how I'm going to setup the Temp controller and plugin's as well in the Slingshot. I think I may locate my Temp Controllers elsewhere though. Maybe down below on the side of the Infotainment center console

1 - 7 of 7 Posts