Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone on this forum own the heated and cooled seats they just came out with? Are you having any issues? Does it prevent the "Slingshot sweaty back syndrome" during the summer?

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I don't know for sure, but having researched these types of technologies, I offer these comments - Older technologies required the use of plumbing to handle the heating/cooling and condensation that can occur with cooling and also required ventilated seat covers. I believe the new Polaris seats use technology from this company that no longer requires the plumbing, drains, etc., and is designed to work with non-ventilated seats - Climate Control Technology. They specifically list motorcycles and clothing as candidates for their technology (Technology | Thermavance). I'd certainly like to see some portable seat-pads incorporating this technology at an affordable price.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
When I looked at www.polaris.com last week, I didn't see the Heated/Cooled Seats listed, but I found them today - Slingshot Heated and Cooled Seat - Black - Individual | Polaris Slingshot. Guess I just missed them. They're listed as fitting All 2020 and 2021 models. While I've been happy with the Fan-Cooled and heated seat pad I bought on Amazon, I'd like to see if they can be wired into my 2015, but I need someone to donate me a seat first! 😁
My Angle Drive is getting really loud and I'm afraid I'll need to replace it. I'd like a Quad kit, but I also am interested in the side pipe exhaust ZZP has under development, but I should be able to replace the Angle Drive, and ZZP or roll-my-own side pipe exhaust AND one of the Polaris Heated/Cooled seats for about 1/2 the cost of the cheapest Quad kit with Limited Slip Differential (at least in my dreams).

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
I'd assume they heat or cool both the seat bottom and the seat backs.
Here's what I posted about the Heated/Cooled seats on the other forum -
Thanks for the pic of the Heated/Cooled Seat Controls. After seeing the picture, I realized I could find the Amp rating for the circuit in the 2020 Owner's manual, so I did a search and found that the circuit is rated at 20A, presumably for both seats. Allowing 30% for circuit headroom, that means each seat probably uses around 7A. I attached a picture of the Fuse Diagram -

It would appear the Heated/Cooled seats could be retrofitted into a Gen 1 Slingshot just using a 10A or 20A circuit for One or Two seats.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does it heat/cool the bottom only or does it also affect the back of the seat?
Yes, they heat/cool the seat and back. And they can be added to any year model, just not plug n play. I made the wiring harness for both of our seats including relays so the only work with the Sling running. Haven’t had a chance to test them out yet but what little they have been tested seems to be very nice.

·
Banned
141 Posts
Yes, they heat/cool the seat and back. And they can be added to any year model, just not plug n play. I made the wiring harness for both of our seats including relays so the only work with the Sling running. Haven’t had a chance to test them out yet but what little they have been tested seems to be very nice.
Reviving an old thread. Since you’ve had them for a while, how is your long term impression on them? Is the heating and cooling working good? Have you had any issues/problems? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Reviving an old thread. Since you’ve had them for a while, how is your long term impression on them? Is the heating and cooling working good? Have you had any issues/problems? Thanks for any feedback.
[/QUOTE
They work well especially the heating of course. Admitting we had an issue with one of the two when we first had them installed, but the dealer resolved the issue with a full replacement no problem. Very happy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't say that I agree with that, but it's an objective opinion, i admit. They are designed for the Slingshot and I like having them on my 2020 R. Others are an after thought in my humble opinion, but some will disagree with me. I have my personal views like never getting a Slingshade as it tries.to make a convertible car.. Enjoy whatever you decide that's the beauty of a Slingshot

·
Banned
141 Posts
I don't say that I agree with that, but it's an objective opinion, i admit. They are designed for the Slingshot and I like having them on my 2020 R. Others are an after thought in my humble opinion, but some will disagree with me. I have my personal views like never getting a Slingshade as it tries.to make a convertible car.. Enjoy whatever you decide that's the beauty of a Slingshot
I was referring to the functionality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had them for a couple of years now. I first boiught them in July 2020. At first, they worked great. Then over time, both of my seats stopped working. We had the relay tested and the relays are still good providing power. What happens now is, when you turn the seats on (whether it be cooling or heating), they will start to come on and then after 5 seconds or so, reset themselves. You can watch the lights on the power switch come on, then start flashing and reset themselves. Polaris replaced one of the seats last year and again it worked for a while, but then eventually the exact same thing happened and my other seat also died last Fall. With covid and winter upon us, my sling sat in the garage all winter and just came back out this spring in April. Now, Polaris is initially refusing to help replace these seats as they claim only a one year warranty. These things are $1,200/each! And they don't want to make good on them, offer a credit or something? Seems insane to me, my service experience with Polaris up to this point has been good, but now, not so much. Bottom line, I would steer clear of these seats until Polaris can actually put something out more reliable. I've had three seats in less than 5000 miles on my slingshot and all 3 became defective over time, within short periods (6 to 12 months or less). I am currently awaiting Polaris's newest response to see if there is something that can be done.

·
Banned
141 Posts
I have had them for a couple of years now. I first boiught them in July 2020. At first, they worked great. Then over time, both of my seats stopped working. We had the relay tested and the relays are still good providing power. What happens now is, when you turn the seats on (whether it be cooling or heating), they will start to come on and then after 5 seconds or so, reset themselves. You can watch the lights on the power switch come on, then start flashing and reset themselves. Polaris replaced one of the seats last year and again it worked for a while, but then eventually the exact same thing happened and my other seat also died last Fall. With covid and winter upon us, my sling sat in the garage all winter and just came back out this spring in April. Now, Polaris is initially refusing to help replace these seats as they claim only a one year warranty. These things are $1,200/each! And they don't want to make good on them, offer a credit or something? Seems insane to me, my service experience with Polaris up to this point has been good, but now, not so much. Bottom line, I would steer clear of these seats until Polaris can actually put something out more reliable. I've had three seats in less than 5000 miles on my slingshot and all 3 became defective over time, within short periods (6 to 12 months or less). I am currently awaiting Polaris's newest response to see if there is something that can be done.
Thank you. I believe I will be passing on those seats then.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts