Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To address this heat issue, DEI Powersports developed a custom cut, 11 piece kit that includes a double walled main heat shield, a single walled floor pan heat shield, and an additional 9 pieces covering the transmission tunnel, rocker panels and center console. The end result is a cooler and quieter Slingshot, allowing for longer rides and greater rider comfort.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm actually tempted to purchase this, buy the material and use their cuts to just cut the material and charge so much less

·
Vendor Supporter!!!!!!
405 Posts
I am willing to order it. After I test the insulation I just added. I'll let you know.

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
Noel at Cycle Springs has some heat resistant cockpit panels that do the same thing and look cool as a bonus

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Saw this on slingmods today, whos gonna try it out first?

$200
View attachment 23587
I have the DEI kit installed - very nicely made installs pretty easy works great
I topped it off with the Cycle spring mats and now that annoying wining noise from the right seat is gone. She is actually happy and comfortable. I would recommend it. The picture does not do it justice.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I just wrote and asked what material is being used, if it's anything like these offerings on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...eat+shield.TRS0&_nkw=heat+shield+mat&_sacat=0

Seems kind of pricey just to have custom cut pieces?

Justina and Bill

Yeah, there is a lot of R&D involved for cutting the panels just right.
I cut my own and it looks like it. Its fine to me though.
Plus, the Slingshot is a special vehicle and these cut pieces of dynamat are the only vehicle these pieces fit.
:)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I patched mine up on the drivers side as the firewall is more porous than swiss cheese, especially compared to the early models and the LEs.
I can say it works wonderfully but the look isnt what most of you folks would like I dont think.

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
Plus, the Slingshot is a special vehicle and these cut pieces of dynamat are the only vehicle these pieces fit.
I do not think this is Dynamat - they key parts are made of much heavier aluminum - the Pass anger side fire wall was double sided aluminum. We used this material on our race equipment.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I do not think this is Dynamat - they key parts are made of much heavier aluminum - the Pass anger side fire wall was double sided aluminum. We used this material on our race equipment.
Yea I was thinking that same thing. But I wasnt sure, That would make the price seem more reasonable IMO

1 - 20 of 48 Posts