Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Headlights low/High beams

10K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Greg La Rosa 
#1 ·
This is probably a dumb questions. The high beams on the SS are they just the center lights or all four? The reason i am asking is, when i do the dual conversion i am getting rid of the center lights.

#2 ·
Center lights only. The outside lights on the US Slingshot are running lights or low beam.

Add the Canadian kit and get an additional set of High/Low.

#6 ·
H9 for center
H3 for outside

Not sure which actual
Bulb for Canadian to use Hi/low. I'll know tomorrow when the new setup gets here.

#7 ·
Not sure about other years but the 2017s center light is a single element light and low beam is achieved by dropping a shutter in front of the bulb.

Also you might want to check in your state because in some states the center lights must be on due to the sling being considered a motorcycle. Just saying.

LC

#8 ·
Thanks for that point of clarification. Same goes for the 2015/2016 model years. I didn't mean to present the Hi/Low lights as dual filament bulbs.

#12 ·
So I bought the Canadian headlight kit for my 2016 SL and was disappointed with the results. They are actually a low watttage daytime running light with a low beam main light. The daytime running light is a very small bulb located at the bottom of the light assembly. The low beam bulb is the same as the stock USA outer light bulb. The internal deflector plate, which sets the high limit of the low beam, is in a different location (lower) from the stock USA outer light. This is why some owners are having problems getting them adjusted along with the stock outer lights.

I didn't want to go with LED's or HID's, just looking for more light. It was easy to see that the Canadian light wasn't going to work for me. In looking at the Polaris Parts website, it turns out that there are 3 different lighting set ups: USA, Canadian and International. All have different part #s. I decide to purchase 2 more USA outer lights (about $110 each) and once I installed them, it doubled the low beam light coming from each side and made me completely happy. Each side adjust correctly in pairs as you would want. I then added a switch with proper wiring and relays to turn off the center lights and inner side lights during the day. The outer lights are on all the time. (There isn't a requirement for the center light to be on in my state).

The outer lights are now run through the modified Fog Light circuit and the other 2 sets of lights are run through 2 different circuits used with the original wiring, adding a on-off switch and 2 circuits with relays. Works great for me!!

#13 ·
Flip the yellow and blue wires in the harness for the Canadian lights. They will be bright full time vice running the T10 bulb solo without engaging the high beams.

Reactions: SpaceCowboy
#15 ·
I just installed the Canadian light kit and after installing that I then bought the all (6) led conversion headlight set from Slingmods.Com.The way Polaris has it wired up this is how the lights work.
1. when the lights are on low beam the two outside and the two middle lights are bright and the two that are second from the outside only light the small T10 bulbs.
2. when you put on the high beams all 6 lights are on led high beam which are very bright
3. I went on Ebay and bought led T10 size bulbs and replaced the two T10 original bulbs making low beam a little brighter.
Hope this helps
Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.