Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had a deposit down at a dealer since Aug. I was first on the list for a base model.
This dealer has been so nice to me, dealing will all my calls, emails and visits.
We all have waited and waited and I finally could not wait any longer.
I pulled my deposit as they had no info in the computer at the time and grabbed one from a dealer in Iowa last week.
Now I see today that they had two SL's and a base delivered today.
If I would have waited five days more I would have been fine.
Now I feel bad that I shorted my local dealer for 5 days :( and I still want to have a good relationship with them as they are my local dealer.

Someone help me here, should I feel this way ?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
In my opinion, it is great that you are loyal to your local dealer. But with all of the craziness going around with deliver information, sporadic deliveries etc. I'm sure that they will understand.

Not to mention, it isn't like they are going to be sitting on the units. I'm sure that if you have a good relationship with them you will be back for service so they will still get your money. After waiting from August, 5 days is 5 days....I wouldn't feel too horrible about it!

Ride on and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Trust me, your local dealer will be happy to take your money when it's time to get that $280.00 oil change :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Hell no, you waited,Polaris is the one that is at fault,we are the dealers customers,the dealers are Polaris's customers, the dealers should be up in arms over this.Customers who had deposits down for months should have received the first shipment of SlingShots.PERIOD.NO EXCUSES,NONE.

·
Registered
549 Posts
That dealer will probably sell those units for more than you would have paid so don't feel bad. My son is a salesman at a local Polaris dealer and they are not handling the Slingshot so I had to go another dealer 60 miles away. I would have loved to buy my Slingshot from him but instead I bought it from Kip.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
So I have had a deposit down at a dealer since Aug. I was first on the list for a base model.
This dealer has been so nice to me, dealing will all my calls, emails and visits.
I pulled my deposit as they had no info in the computer at the time and grabbed one from a dealer in Iowa last week.
Now I feel bad that I shorted my local dealer for 5 days :( and I still want to have a good relationship with them as they are my local dealer.

You could go back and buy his and sell it on ebay for $5,000 extra

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
From the dealer perspective, I'd be bummed. I think very highly of the SS customers, even if they are not my own, and I've hoped for the best for them in the vacuum of any reliable communications from Polaris.

Do what SF said and send them a card showing no hard feelings. Maybe I just take it more personally; your dealer may already have those new ones allocated.

·
Vendor
2,216 Posts

You could turn the tables and think would your dealer have waited 5 days for you to get back from vacation before selling your unit to the next guy in line? Most dealers would not. @Kip excluded of course ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
FYI.......

My dealer told me once he enters in the system that he sold a SS, he has 15 days to pay for it.

The remainder of unsold slingshots, he has 45 days to pay for them once they arrive at his dealership.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Speaking from the Dealer side I also agree with Kip. We try real hard to keep customers informed- and Polaris is slightly overwhelmed at this point with Slingshot. Normally a rollout goes much smoother- for example when the ACE was introduced, we got product within 3 weeks. Slingshot is in a different category- logistics wise they are sourcing the engine and transmission from a different vendor, there is all sorts of one off pieces that might not be available in quantity(rear end for example). However as a dealer I understand this is not normal for them so I am a little more flexible than a typical customer. With that being said- back to the OP- I am sure someone will be sad, but if you go in and explain the situation, they should get over it. Eventually.;)

·
Registered
791 Posts

It's business and wasn't a personal decision. We are the consumer.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

What I do first I tell him that I wanted my money because I can have it right now from a nother dealer and its work for me I have it :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to thank all of you for you reply's and most if not all of you have valid points.
I also agree that ultimately this was Polaris's fault, poor communication and delays made us all jumpy.
@Kip and @68NIOU1 your input is heard and I will attempt to make amends with my dealer. I don't even know that they are upset, I just don't want to be "that" guy and they will get plenty of other business from me.

Thanks again all.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I want to thank all of you for you reply's and most if not all of you have valid points.
I also agree that ultimately this was Polaris's fault, poor communication and delays made us all jumpy.
@Kip and @68NIOU1 your input is heard and I will attempt to make amends with my dealer. I don't even know that they are upset, I just don't want to be "that" guy and they will get plenty of other business from me.

Thanks again all.
We're all human beings with feelings, but I think that is cool, and will go a long way! :)

·
Registered
686 Posts
Slingshot is in a different category- logistics wise they are sourcing the engine and transmission from a different vendor, there is all sorts of one off pieces that might not be available in quantity(rear end for example). ...
Sorry, that doesn't cut it - we're talking about Polaris giving dealers shipping info, not production issues.

The dealer should be mad at Polaris for keeping them in the dark, not at a rightfully frustrated customer.

As you might be able to tell, I'm one too.

Polaris' recent communication that all initial shipments are complete and they're working on the next just made things worth; my dealer hasn't received the first and hasn't a clue when to expect it.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I think my first reply was a little too snarky. I agree with Kip and others. If your dealer seems like good people, a short note about how you feel and letting him know your desire to do business with him on service, accessories, etc in the future would probably be appreciated and square everything.

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I have mixed feelings now as well, when I put my deposit down, I was supposed to get it by Nov. My dealer wants $1400 for freight and set-up, and now I see all these dealers selling for MSRP and I feel like im getting played.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is really bad is I paid 500 less by going to Iowa and not going with my local dealer. -
I guess I will buy them 400.00 worth of popcorn and chocolate and drop it off this weekend ( had to pay for my gas to get to Iowa ). :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts