Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've had Corbin bags since 8/15. I love them and use them every day. Not only do you get invaluable storage, but the built-in fender is great. The whole package finishes the look of the SS rear end.

A dealer installed them during SSITR event. He suggested the doors had to be slammed hard to ensure a secure closing. However, doors repeatedly popped open on my ride back home in Denver. Upon examination I found the latching post on the door just wasn't making good contact with the latching mechanism on the mounted frame - they were just not aligned correctly. Loosened the post on each bag, inserted washers to raise it until I could see it would be better contact with the latch. Now, I close the lid and gently press it shut until I hear a distinctive "ping" when the latch snaps closed on to the post. Never had a failure since doing this.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've had Corbin bags since 8/15. I love them and use them every day. Not only do you get invaluable storage, but the built-in fender is great. The whole package finishes the look of the SS rear end.

A dealer installed them during SSITR event. He suggested the doors had to be slammed hard to ensure a secure closing. However, doors repeatedly popped open on my ride back home in Denver. Upon examination I found the latching post on the door just wasn't making good contact with the latching mechanism on the mounted frame - they were just not aligned correctly. Loosened the post on each bag, inserted washers to raise it until I could see it would be better contact with the latch. Now, I close the lid and gently press it shut until I hear a distinctive "ping" when the latch snaps closed on to the post. Never had a failure since doing this.

I would consider this a positive and productive outcome, IF you had ordered from Harbor Freight. But for the price you paid AND having it professionally installed, you were not treated well. (This is irrespective of the fact you are happy with the final result, enjoy them!)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had mine installed by Corbin at the Hollister store, the people were great and i love the bags! they add so much to the rear end so many people i ride with say they transform an ugly rear end into a slick looking machine. i have had no troubles with them at all, in fact i just recently went back and got rid of the junk seats i had in my SLR to the corbin seats..........Amazing!!!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts