Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into these saddlebags for my Rev Dynamics project, but past reviews of them have been awful. They make a nice finish to the rear, but not if they are nothing but trouble. ??

·
Registered
237 Posts
I'm looking into these saddlebags for my Rev Dynamics project, but past reviews of them have been awful. They make a nice finish to the rear, but not if they are nothing but trouble. ??
I had ever intention of placing an order for their product at the end of January. That was until I had an opportunity to meet and speak with several SS owners. Not a single one of them had anything good to say about the corbin bags. In fact every one of them warned me profusely to stay away from them. They, like myself had previously had good service with corbin seats ect but for some reason they say that corbin's customer service concerning these SS bags is worse than horrible. It's bad enough to have trouble with a product but then to not be able to get any service after the sale just adds insult to injury. As you can imagine I have not ordered them. Hopefully one day someone else will build a quality set of bags that looks as good or better than the corbins. Until then I will find a way to get by without them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'll begin with saying I don't yet have a slingshot but expect to this summer and I am highly interested in the hard cover ones that mount on the rear sides and blend with the body that you are talking about. I've had several conversations with the manager at our local dealer who sells quite a few units and is the highest selling dealer in our region. His first few customers that purchased them had the issue of them opening periodically which was a problem. He said he had contacted the sales rep and he was told to advise customers to not slam the door closed or close it too hard. Just gently push it closed until you feel the latch catch. The rep said what was happening is people were closing them to hard so the latch was catching but then bouncing back out of the fully locked position which was causing the problem. Once he shared that with those owners, the problems have gone away.

Another customer took it one step further and changed out the original latch for a larger latch to ensure it closed and stayed closed and has had no issues since. They just sold another unit last week and that customer ordered the side bags which are now in the paint shop so he said once they are back from paint and installed he'd give me a buzz so I could check them out. They aren't cheap and there seems to be quite a few options out there but they look the best and most sleek to me so I will probably add them to my unit maybe 6 months or so after I get my machine. If you are handy and creative then I'd look at how hard it may be to put a larger latch on them as that really seems to give the most protection and confidence, last thing you want is the door opening and all your clothes flying out as you cruise down the highway at 80 mph, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had ever intention of placing an order for their product at the end of January. That was until I had an opportunity to meet and speak with several SS owners. Not a single one of them had anything good to say about the corbin bags. In fact every one of them warned me profusely to stay away from them. They, like myself had previously had good service with corbin seats ect but for some reason they say that corbin's customer service concerning these SS bags is worse than horrible. It's bad enough to have trouble with a product but then to not be able to get any service after the sale just adds insult to injury. As you can imagine I have not ordered them. Hopefully one day someone else will build a quality set of bags that looks as good or better than the corbins. Until then I will find a way to get by without them.
We just installed the updated improved saddlebags. We will let you all know in next heavy rain what happens...

·
Registered
237 Posts
We just installed the updated improved saddlebags. We will let you all know in next heavy rain what happens...
I'd appreciate hearing from you after you have put a few miles on them. I really like the looks of them but those bags are like a woman. No matter how good lookin they are if they can't keep what's rightfully mine off the street then I don't need them. jes my .o2

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
I heard they were discontinued and they weren't going to be making them anymore.

Maybe they are clearing stocked inventory...?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm buying a 2016 and just called Corbin. They assured the latches have been upgraded. I looked at a 2015 with the original bags and they were terrible, actually I would be tempted to just seal them shut and not use them, they were hard to close and you could drop a pencil into the bag without opening them..

·
Registered
164 Posts
We did get our slingshot in Aug 2018 and we ordered the Corbin bags and they have been fantastic with no complaints. Almost 11,000 miles on it now and I've only had them open once when loaded but to be fair I had them stuffed to the max and we hit a nasty nasty bump that I think made your teeth rattle. The only other time I've had one open is when I was in rush and didn't double check to make sure it was closed properly and locked so that was my fault. We are loading up next month for 5-7 days up in the Yellowstone area and have no concerns with the corbin bags and really glad we have them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I ended up with Bakers Luggage Racks. Lots cheaper than Corbins . We was on the road for 8 days 1400 miles. Corbin looks great I agree. Over priced for no more room that you gain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I personally know two that have them --- one since 2015 (minor problems and they have been solved) the other on a 2017 and I have heard nothing bad about them since he has had them.
We have no problems with our new saddle bags
Meet another who fixed the old ones by adding new lead stoppers cable was set too lose for latches
He has no problems with old

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
We did get our slingshot in Aug 2018 and we ordered the Corbin bags and they have been fantastic with no complaints. Almost 11,000 miles on it now and I've only had them open once when loaded but to be fair I had them stuffed to the max and we hit a nasty nasty bump that I think made your teeth rattle. The only other time I've had one open is when I was in rush and didn't double check to make sure it was closed properly and locked so that was my fault. We are loading up next month for 5-7 days up in the Yellowstone area and have no concerns with the corbin bags and really glad we have them.
Did you have to modify anything to make the install work ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Shout out for Corbin. Right door wouldn't properly close, or latch, on account of a road-edge scrape, and left door wanted key pressure points to latch. Stopped at Hollister on way up the coast. Corbin techs adjusted both doors for gentle closure and opening, took order for new right door, and sent us on our way. The new door with weather stripping and hardware has arrived in Henderson and will be installed when the weather is a bit less intense.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
We came across our fifth SlingShot in the wild over the weekend, (a 2016), where the owner had Corbin saddle bags and seats in which he expressed being very happy with both.

Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts