Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2016 sl le and right side caliper ...the inside pad scrapes the rotor...so I'm thinking it's bad and want to replace...also is there a kit to rebuild these...

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Try searching here or over at www.slingshotforums.com for Honda brake pads. IIRC, someone has posted that certain Honda pads can be used once a tab is broken/ground off. Or you have the option of Hawk pads available from the major Slingshot marketer sellers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try searching here or over at www.slingshotforums.com for Honda brake pads. IIRC, someone has posted that certain Honda pads can be used once a tab is broken/ground off. Or you have the option of Hawk pads available from the major Slingshot marketer sellers.
thanks BKL...yes I have the hawk pads and ebc makes the rotors but I have a caliper possibly sticking...the inside of right rotor is wearing prematurely ...so either replace caliper....rebuild...or take apart and clean and re-grease...if I take apart would be nice to have a kit to put in....if you come up with anything let me know....thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,924 Posts
OEM calipers are custom Chinese, as far as I'm aware (and the OEM ones I've seen are pretty low quality).

StopTech makes a big brake kit to replace the front calipers, rotors, and pads. They look awesome.

DDMWorks sells a Wilwood kit that replaces both the front and back end.

Try to not get air in the lines--getting it out of the master cylinder is a project-and-a-half.

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
have a 2016 sl le and right side caliper ...the inside pad scrapes the rotor...so I'm thinking it's bad and want to replace...also is there a kit to rebuild these...
My bad. I should have done a better job reading what was posted!
EBay lists several used front right brake calipers that include Make Offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts