Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the problems of going to the range on the Harley is that there is no easy way to conceal a rifle or shotgun. With the SS it should not be too much of a problem since can be covered fairly easily while in a case. Has anyone tried this yet? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Oh yeah - this is Florida so your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Depends on the size of the "long gun" I use a couple tennis racket bags. Have also used the usual black rifle cases covered up on the passenger side.:cool:

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Yep...took my 30/30 to the range.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Threads been in existence for thirty minutes already and no pictures yet? Members are slacking......wait, must be dinner time.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
One of the problems of going to the range on the Harley is that there is no easy way to conceal a rifle or shotgun. With the SS it should not be too much of a problem since can be covered fairly easily while in a case. Has anyone tried this yet? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Oh yeah - this is Florida so your mileage may vary.
There's one guy on here that would turn it into a lightning rod if you'd let him.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm working on putting one between the seats for my 12 gauge, or my M4, like I had in my cruiser when I worked. I have a guy working on fabricating it for me now.

·
Registered
706 Posts
This is Texas everything has a gun rack!!!
do have a 4 wheeler gun rack that's in 2 separate pieces and will fit on the roll bars but it's crossways between the 2 and I don't want to carry my nice guns up there and get bug splatter.
I just put him on the passenger side between my passenger and the center console. but I do carry them in gun bags. definitely not tennis racket bags.LOL if you have a problem with seeing a gun bag in somebody's vehicle you might want to move out of Texas.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looking for the sling with the gun rack mounted to the roll hoops!!

Reactions: Mr. Clean

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Florida law says that long guns have to be "inside" the vehicle. That's the reason that they can not be carried on a normal two wheeled motorcycle. I could handle a no helmet violation but illegal transport of firearms could really ruin a fine day Slingen.

·
Just say "NO" to PIMPS!
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You must have the fully extended version.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I tried a million ways from Sunday on ways to get my AR to fit in the SS and had no luck...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts