Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polaris has a garage door opener that, from the fitment guide, appears to fit only the 2017 SLRs.

This implies that it's meant to physically fit whole, somewhere on the dash of the Slingshot, and apparently only the 2017 SLRs have the right measurement for this fitment.

Link to it: Garage Door Opener by Homelink | Polaris Slingshot

Has anyone on the forum actually gotten a chance to install it? Could you please share some pics?

I'm interested in seeing exactly where this module fits on the dash, and whether it will interfere with some of the other mods I'm doing.

I know there's a Mo-door garage door opener - but that requires use of one of the dash buttons, and I'd prefer to avoid that.

It's just a guess to me, but it appears not to have anything to do with the four OEM dash buttons - but I can't be sure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm interested to see why it "only" fits the 2017 but here is a pic to where Polaris has it installed in their promo video. If you get it let me know if it works on other years
View attachment 75129
Perfect! That's exactly what I needed to know! I was searching in the Google-lands for information on where/how it fits, but to no avail. My dealer has it on order, should be getting to me within a couple weeks. Will let you know once I get it and have it installed (I do have the 2017 SLR - but I'll measure it on one of my friend's SL's though)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm interested to see why it "only" fits the 2017 but here is a pic to where Polaris has it installed in their promo video. If you get it let me know if it works on other years
View attachment 75129
PS - As to why it supposedly only works for the SLR....possibly - it has something to do with sensors for the opener, that have been pre-installed (or can be installed) in a specific location in the SLR hood. I'm just speculating, but there's nothing that I know of, that is physically different in those panels above the center console...

·
Registered
166 Posts
PS - As to why it supposedly only works for the SLR....possibly - it has something to do with sensors for the opener, that have been pre-installed (or can be installed) in a specific location in the SLR hood. I'm just speculating, but there's nothing that I know of, that is physically different in those panels above the center console...
If you can ask your dealer if they think it can be installed on previous years.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts