Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the Slingshade and I wouldn’t consider any other top I’ve seen. The Slingshade looks like it belongs whereas all the others look like something from the old Odd Rods bubble gum cards or the Munsters.
i do not have a roof system yet. We are liking the hill wing system. In South Dakota The weather here can go from 80 and sunshine to 60 and rain in an hour. Just looking for some recommendations on the best way to go since there are only 2 sling shots in the area I live in and one being mine. Lol. I would rather ask questions now and get the right parts the first time.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
i do not have a roof system yet. We are liking the hill wing system. In South Dakota The weather here can go from 80 and sunshine to 60 and rain in an hour. Just looking for some recommendations on the best way to go since there are only 2 sling shots in the area I live in and one being mine. Lol. I would rather ask questions now and get the right parts the first time.
Go to www.SlingsMods.com and look at the different roofs they have. The roof wont keep you dry, they are 'shade' only. And I want the open. Looks like you are new to the Slingshot Family, get lots of seat time in before gong to crazy with the mods. Welcome to Slingshot Insanity.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I really like my Slingshade. It is by far the best looking of any out there. Installation is a breeze. With the gull wing panels, it’s easier to get in and out than many of the other brands.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If @EjFord doesn't mind me adding to his post: A tall windshield and roof will help you be "less wet" and "less windblown." That often makes the ride much more comfortable, though on hot days maybe not so much. Some windshields have vents though might not be as tall as you want...sometimes it's a tradeoff.
I find that I still get plenty of air with the Slingshade and a fairly tall windshield. The wind now comes from the sides and the rear. It is a much more tamed breeze now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to www.SlingsMods.com and look at the different roofs they have. The roof wont keep you dry, they are 'shade' only. And I want the open. Looks like you are new to the Slingshot Family, get lots of seat time in before gong to crazy with the mods. Welcome to Slingshot Insanity.
I am new to the family…. We rented on in Hawaii and had a lot of fun in that beautiful day!!! The wife more worried about the rain issue. We had some rain in Hawaii and it came over the windshield right at our foreheads. Fun but not pleasant doing 70. She would like the shade portion of it because she did not realize how hot she was getting until she felt half sick when we stopped. Thank you for your input on this!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I am new to the family…. We rented on in Hawaii and had a lot of fun in that beautiful day!!! The wife more worried about the rain issue. We had some rain in Hawaii and it came over the windshield right at our foreheads. Fun but not pleasant doing 70. She would like the shade portion of it because she did not realize how hot she was getting until she felt half sick when we stopped. Thank you for your input on this!!
A top won’t stop the rain from coming in but it slows it down some. The shade effect will depend on the direction you are riding and how high the sun is in the sky. I have the Polaris Sunshade and I really like it. It is the only top I would even consider.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
We purchased our SlingShot as an motorcycle alternative and the open air experience it provides us, and I was death to putting a top on a motorcycle. But Justina wanted to try a top and our experience has shown us that it does have value when installed during our Oregon winters because it helps retain heat and makes it more comfortable riding in cooler weather thus extending our riding season. With that being said, we have found this to be yet another reason to remove the top during the summer because of the way it does retain the heat where it becomes uncomfortably warm in the passenger compartment under a hot sun. The top does absolutely nothing for when it is raining and like with any other motorcycle you are going to get wet!

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts
A top won’t stop the rain from coming in but it slows it down some. The shade effect will depend on the direction you are riding and how high the sun is in the sky. I have the Polaris Sunshade and I really like it. It is the only top I would even consider.
How is it to get in and out? With the other roofs that open seem a little more convenient. Does the canvas flap or does it stay pretty tight?

·
Registered
141 Posts
How is it to get in and out? With the other roofs that open seem a little more convenient. Does the canvas flap or does it stay pretty tight?
The Slingshade has gull wing roof panels that open. There is no canvas. It’s just a little more difficult to get in and out than with no roof, but that is true for all of the others too, with many of them even more so.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The Slingshade has gull wing roof panels that open. There is no canvas. It’s just a little more difficult to get in and out than with no roof, but that is true for all of the others too, with many of them even more so.
The best thing you can do when picking out a roof (or other options) is find someone who has that option and try it---get in/out, go for a ride or drive it. I don't have the roof but I have give lots of individuals the opportunity to sit in/ride/drive to get the feel of a F4 5+ windshield with the Baker 'Air Wings'

21 - 33 of 33 Posts