Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I have a 2017 SLR that I need a top for here in NM. I've been looking at either the Twist Dynamics Gull Wing Top or the Bullet Speed V-Back Canvas Top. Any suggestions?? Please post pics of what you have or like!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was in the same quandary as you(we are in Florida). The twist and bullet( two guys parted ways giving similar tops) have bars in the view up front.i thought I liked the fab factory top( until I tried to get in a slingshot with one installed I am 6,2"). I went with the mad stad stinger and can't be happier. Easy to flip panels to the rear and be mostly topless,no restriction getting in/out. I also installed the switches for heated seats in the center section(for the mountains plus cold days here).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I won't top mine but I do like the Stinger top. Looks good and is functional for the bigger guys.. sides flip up. Come off easy or flip around backwards.... Good choice.
Pics?? Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was in the same quandary as you(we are in Florida). The twist and bullet( two guys parted ways giving similar tops) have bars in the view up front.i thought I liked the fab factory top( until I tried to get in a slingshot with one installed I am 6,2"). I went with the mad stad stinger and can't be happier. Easy to flip panels to the rear and be mostly topless,no restriction getting in/out. I also installed the switches for heated seats in the center section(for the mountains plus cold days here).
Can you post pics? Thanks!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about a detailed video...

Looks like a huge gap between the top & the windshield? So when it's raining you get a lot more rain coming in??

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Looks like a huge gap between the top & the windshield? So when it's raining you get a lot more rain coming in??
The Slingshot is a MOTORCYCLE....the tops are not designed to keep you warm and dry. They started out as a shade/cooling addition for the riders down south who have warm/hot weather most of the year.

I'm topless and have an after market F4 5+ shield at 40mph and
light rain most all blows over me. Hard rain we all get wet.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
What EjFord said. NONE of the tops will prevent you from getting wet in the rain. The ONLY exception to that is the fully enclosed system that is available. And if you are going to get that, you probably shouldn't get a slingshot. Thats just my opinion though. I had the Twist Dynamics top for a little over a year. It was great in function, but lacked in overall quality for me. So I sold it and will be picking up the Madstad Stinger in the spring time.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
I have a BulletSpeed top and couldn't be happier. Not really a top guy, but needed to get some shade from the AZ sun. The quality is really good and it is nice that the canvas comes off in 15 seconds if you want. If you decide on taking the whole top off, it is a 10 min job and I can easily do it by myself.

Hard to beat the function, price, and quality of the V-Back top from Bullet!

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I agree. If I buy one it will be the Stinger. I like not having the bars across in front. Also I think the Stinger gives the sling a cooler roadster look.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well I went with the Twist Gull Wing

Reactions: Mniron

·
Registered
989 Posts
Reactions: Mniron

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I just ordered the gull wing, I like the look, ease of access and the possibilities for adding options like gauges on the roll bars.
Hey just so you know.... I also have the F4 +5 windshield. Right now the windshield is too wide. It rubs on both sides against the frame for the top. I called F4 & they said...."ya we know it's a issue". Hhhmmm....nobody told me that when I ordered my top!!! So today I'm taking the windshield off to trim about 1/2 in on both sides.

Hey I also found this for a rearview mirror!

https://www.amazon.com/ATV-Tek-UTVM...=1481781349&sr=1-1&keywords=UTV+Center+Mirror

·
Registered
989 Posts
I was wondering about that. It should be easy to trim a bit off, I might bring mine to a local window company so they can match the finished edge.
Great find for the rear view! What a team, what a team! lol..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts