Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing the SlingShot at SEMA for the last 2 years, I wanted one.

A friend of mine called me up when I posted a facebook question if anyone knew of a dealership that sold SlingShots and if any were available.

2 days later, I picked up my SL and drove it 200 miles back home to Virginia. I'm one of the lucky ones - I didn't place a pre-deposit. When I picked it up, the SL only had 6 miles.

This is a TOY worthy of it's price! Within 18 miles, I was able to hit 102MPH with no issues. The build quality is fine - there are some imperfections like the steering column plastic cover is not perfectly aligned, tiny bubbles on the gauges - but that's about it. Remember, this is Polaris - a lot of ATVs and offroads - they're not Ferrari or Tesla (yes, I have both cars too!)

My first mods would be an Air Horn and a Turbo Upgrade + sticky tires. I would like to see a LeMans type rear view mirror. The blind spot is so bad, make sure you turn your head over your shoulder when changing lanes.

Even though it was 28 degrees outside I enjoyed carving around the West Va mountains with my riding gear and SS Carbon Helmet. Video:

Paparazzi was everywhere! This thing turns heads - almost 180! Factor in a lot of time speaking and talking to a bunch of fans!

Overall - good work, Polaris! Hope to see more releases in the near future!

I will be riding every week - I don't care about the weather!

Get one! You won't regret it!

Attachments

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts
That sounds like perfect timing and luck. Congrats. Driving through the mountains in it must be spectacular. I've been driving everyday since Nov.22 except 2, rain, snow. I've only been on standard freeway and surface streets. We are both playing in the cold, but you definitely have me beat on scenery and twisties. Enjoy. And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
192 Posts
When I first read this post, I was very unhappy that it only took you 2 days. As I read on, your wait was two years. My 3 month wait doesnt seem so long now.(well yes it does, just not as long as yours.);)
Have fun. Wish I could join y'all.

·
Thank You All, You Know Who You Are!
3,685 Posts

A friend of mine called me up when I posted a facebook question if anyone knew of a dealership that sold SlingShots and if any were available.

2 days later, I picked up my SL and drove it 200 miles back home to Virginia. I'm one of the lucky ones - I didn't place a pre-deposit. When I picked it up, the SL only had 6 miles.

This is a TOY worthy of it's price! Within 18 miles, I was able to hit 102MPH with no issues. The build quality is fine - there are some imperfections like the steering column plastic cover is not perfectly aligned, tiny bubbles on the gauges - but that's about it. Remember, this is Polaris - a lot of ATVs and offroads - they're not Ferrari or Tesla (yes, I have both cars too!)

My first mods would be an Air Horn and a Turbo Upgrade + sticky tires. I would like to see a LeMans type rear view mirror. The blind spot is so bad, make sure you turn your head over your shoulder when changing lanes.

Even though it was 28 degrees outside I enjoyed carving around the West Va mountains with my riding gear and SS Carbon Helmet. Video:

Paparazzi was everywhere! This thing turns heads - almost 180! Factor in a lot of time speaking and talking to a bunch of fans!

How would you say the head turning and paparazzi in the SS compare to reactions to your other head turning cars? More cameras, less cameras, the same?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrat's ! Happy to hear you are enjoying it. I picked up mine sat afternoon, it is so much fun,took it out the other day with no helmet, even better ! I live in the Charlottesville area of va

·
Registered
60 Posts
[Qseen ="jebzter, post: 42089, member: 1930"]I live near Tysons Corner, VA. Hope to meet up with fellow SlingShotters![/QUOTE]
I seen you post something about cars and coffee. Do u ever go to cars and coffee in Charlotte nc? first Saturday of every month.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Brakein procedures states do not go over 70 miles an hour for the first 500 miles. Ordered my SL from local dealer and got it in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Brakein procedures states do not go over 70 miles an hour for the first 500 miles. Ordered my SL from local dealer and got it in 2 weeks.
I made sure I followed their break-in instructions. I only went 70 for 59 minutes to make sure I stayed under the hour!!! lol

·
Registered
1,207 Posts

I guess I have to hate the game and not the playa and you are the playa .

Reactions: Slingking

·
Registered
24 Posts

Waiting for mine to arrive. Thanks for the Blindspot info. I may see how that center rear view mirror works to help overall. I'm following turbo kits. Maybe a "VA SS Club" Skyline Drive run this summer!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Congrat's !!! The longer you have it the more fun you will have, we should do the parkway for sure once it warms up, lots of really fun twisty roads just off of it

·
ALPHA - Home of the V8 Slingshot
3,162 Posts
I kept my foot out of mine, getting my 500 mile service today and then hang on! Enjoy the cooler weather because these SS get very warm in the cockpit, passenger and driver side. It feels good on cool nights, but it might be unbearable when it gets 90 +, so far the highs here have been 84 and it feels like the heater is on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts