Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on dealing with handicapped/disabled parking with a Slingshot? I have a handicap placard that's hung on the rearview mirror in a normal vehicle, but obviously, this won't work in a Slingshot. I'd think it would be subject to theft even in nice neighborhoods if one just left it on display in the vehicle somehow,

Brad

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Any tips on dealing with handicapped/disabled parking with a Slingshot? I have a handicap placard that's hung on the rearview mirror in a normal vehicle, but obviously, this won't work in a Slingshot. I'd think it would be subject to theft even in nice neighborhoods if one just left it on display in the vehicle somehow,

Brad
I made a 3/4 size H/D blue card which I tuck in the center of the windshield ... I do have my wife's car plated and a hang tag for mine and just made one that I use in the Slingshot when she is with me. If I'm driving her car and she's not with me I very seldom use the H/D space.
Never had anyone question it? Send me a pm with you info and I will make one for you and send it you way.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Brad
Apply for the handicap tag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have clarified in my original post: This is for a rental via Turo, so only occasional use and it's someone else's vehicle. It's not really going to be a big issue this weekend, but might be in the future. I'll probably look at the Login Parking solution I tagged above for a later trip.

Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts

Brad
get a handicap plate.. ive already ordered mines

·
Registered
2016 SS SL
212 Posts
I am a DAV but don't qualify for a DV license plate. I am , however, handicapped due to health issues (not related to my disability. I have a handicap plate on my slingshot and a placard for my car or any car I may be driving or riding in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts