Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, and Top o' The Holiday Season to you and yours from us and ours!

By overwhelming popular demand, we've begun to take deposits for our soon-to-be released TurboSystem for Slingshot. Many owners have insisted on establishing their "place in line", not wanting to risk waiting by allowing others to get ahead of them in the delivery order. We understand their desires! This is the opportunity to lock yourself in on the first production run of 20 systems, projected to be delivered in late January. Deposits have been made on a number of them so far by very determined Slingshot owners, so to be fair, we're now opening up the reservation process to all who may be this strongly interested. If you'd like to reserve your spot in the initial production run, this is the opportunity to do so. We will ship the systems in the order which deposits are received.

We'll begin releasing information and details on the actual turbosystem soon, as we're now well along in the development process. So far, I can tell you that, as we happily anticipated, many of the approaches we pioneered on our innovative and very popular Pontiac Solstice/Saturn Sky turbosystem (currently our #1 sales leader!) are transferring directly to Slingshot, nicely speeding up the development process while also anchoring it with proven solutions. All the same, rest assured that we've taken the unique attributes of Slingshot quite to heart and mind where the design and intentions of this turbosystem are concerned, with many features and functions also geared directly to Slingshot.

For those who would prefer to not commit until we have more information to share, please stay tuned. As events continue to unfold on our end, we'll release more and more info. With any luck at all, some spots in the initial run of 20 will remain unfilled long enough for you to still "get in the boat" once you see enough!

In preparing for the coming onslaught of orders, we've already hired new production staff, with more to come. Additions to our office staff are forthcoming after New Year's Day. A new website is in the works as well. In the month I've now spent with Slingshot, I've brewed up a nigh endless list of upgrades for Slingshot that we're very confident will continue the legacy of insightful and experienced Hahn design. From here on out, we'll be in continuous Slingshot new product introduction mode, for the foreseeable future. But first, we will bring you the most breathtaking upgrade of all...BOOST!

If you'd like to put down your deposit now, just let us know via private message here, or via email to [email protected]. If you're not ready just yet, you can also email us and ask to be added to our growing Slingshot mailing list, which will have us appearing in your Inbox from time to time with hot-off-the presses Slingshot updates!

Thank you everyone for the wonderful support so far. This is going to be epic!

Boost regards,
Bill Hahn Jr.

513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any details? Price?
We'll begin releasing more information very shortly, so stay tuned. Pricing has yet to be established, as we're still finalizing details that affect final turbosystem content, but will also be released as soon as we are able.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bill, have you got one running in an SS yet?

Wondering about the belt, or have you checked its spec's and found that its load rating is up to the worst-case condition of a non-slipping tire that can deliver full engine torque in 1st gear.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I'll bet Bill knows if the 2.4 block is bored out to it's max .

·
Registered
69 Posts
So...... here is my question. Since I can spin the rear tire on demand with the stock HP how in world do you expect the slingshot to use that extra HP??? Unless you can get that extra HP to the ground it pointless to spend the cash.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The cool factor of course:wideyed:
Besides you will have the wine from the turbocharger plus the angle drive giving you tha sensation of flying a warthog:mad: you will be invincible!!!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
So...... here is my question. Since I can spin the rear tire on demand with the stock HP how in world do you expect the slingshot to use that extra HP??? Unless you can get that extra HP to the ground it pointless to spend the cash.
I've said it before, but if you missed it, feel free to quote me:

It's not how much you've got, it's how much fun you have using it.

513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bill, have you got one running in an SS yet?

Wondering about the belt, or have you checked its spec's and found that its load rating is up to the worst-case condition of a non-slipping tire that can deliver full engine torque in 1st gear.
Noah, we'll be addressing questions like this very soon, in threads designated solely for such discussion. I'm going to keep this thread more on target with discussion regarding our early adopters and how one may lock in a position in our first production run.

513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a good question, and like Noah's interest, we'll have the opportunity to address it as more data is available. For now, suffice to say that we considerable capability in this particular arena, as we've been working with traction-compromised high-powered applications for decades in both our motorcycle and FWD auto applications. We have a very deep bag of tricks to draw upon in this regard!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I think deposits and production units should be available only upon proof of literacy .

513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Is there a price on the setup? or even a basic list of what it comes with? and how much is the deposit.
Hi TwinTurbo! As I mentioned further up in the thread (please have a look), final pricing and bills of material have yet to be determined, but will be provided as soon as they're available.

In a general sense, this will be like any of our other popular turbosystems in that it will be all-inclusive...all one will need to provide is the Slingshot and their tools! We provide absolutely everything for a complete installation. Our turbosystems are noted among professional installers for being among the most complete and best-documented systems they've encountered.

A short list: Turbocharger, turbo manifold, turbo downpipe, wastegate, wastegate downpipe, charge air piping, cold air intake, intercooler, blow-off valve, fuel system mods, turbo oil plumbing system, silicone hose couplers and clamps, gaskets and all needed hardware for a complete installation, in addition to a lengthy and detailed Installation and Tuning Guide. Our turbosystems are very complete solutions, and contain literally hundreds of parts by the time we're done :)

I will PM you on the deposit, thanks for your interest!

Reactions: Funinthesun

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Getting it on the ground is where the driver finesse comes in .

513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Deposit without any data ? Hmmm...
Interestingly enough, there are a group of hardcore enthusiasts, those who wish to get in on the ground floor, that are willing to place deposits at this point. They ante up based on their faith in our product's long history, along with our extensive experience as well as proven results with this engine series. For them, that's sufficient data at this juncture.

We wish to ensure that these prospective "early adopters" all get a shot at the first slots in our initial production run, for demand is high. We've learned from previous product releases that while we're happy to accommodate those who ask if they can lock in early, it works better to also announce this option to all potentially interested individuals, thus giving everyone a fair chance at the earliest production slots. No one feels slighted this way in retrospect ("What? Why didn't you TELL me that you were taking early deposits?"), and all those who want in early thus have an equal opportunity.

I will also add that these deposits are essentially placemarkers, "earnest money" if you will, and are primarily intended to establish one's position in the production and delivery order of the turbosystems. When we have final specs and details available, we'll then consummate the actual sales deals with all those who've deposited. Anyone who wants to decline at that time will have their deposit cheerfully refunded...much to the delight of everyone behind them on the list, all of whom will then move up one spot!

Now, as to your personal preferences, if you're not ready to throw down just yet, that's perfectly understandable....but some others are, and they are whom we are targeting with this announcement. Rest assured that more information is forthcoming, as we well realize that not all will be willing to join in on faith and enthusiasm alone. For those who do desire more before committing, I remain confident that you will not be disappointed :)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Interestingly enough, there are a group of hardcore enthusiasts, those who wish to get in on the ground floor, that are willing to place deposits at this point. They ante up based on their faith in our product's long history, along with our extensive experience as well as proven results with this engine series. For them, that's sufficient data at this juncture.

We wish to ensure that these prospective "early adopters" all get a shot at the first slots in our initial production run, for demand is high. We've learned from previous product releases that while we're happy to accommodate those who ask if they can lock in early, it works better to also announce this option to all potentially interested individuals, thus giving everyone a fair chance at the earliest production slots. No one feels slighted this way in retrospect ("What? Why didn't you TELL me that you were taking early deposits?"), and all those who want in early thus have an equal opportunity.

I will also add that these deposits are essentially placemarkers, "earnest money" if you will, and are primarily intended to establish one's position in the production and delivery order of the turbosystems. When we have final specs and details available, we'll then consummate the actual sales deals with all those who've deposited . Anyone who wants to decline at that time will have their deposit cheerfully refunded...much to the delight of everyone behind them on the list, all of whom will then move up one spot!

Now, as to your personal preferences, if you're not ready to throw down just yet, that's perfectly understandable....but some others are, and they are whom we are targeting with this announcement. Rest assured that more information is forthcoming, as we well realize that not all will be willing to join in on faith and enthusiasm alone. For those who do desire more before committing, I remain confident that you will not be disappointed :)
I E mailed your sales dept. Thanks

1 - 20 of 58 Posts