Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
What kind of road clearance do you have now? Looks like if you roll over a rock doing the twisties, you will blow a hole in the firewall.:arghh:

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
What kind of road clearance do you have now? Looks like if you roll over a rock doing the twisties, you will blow a hole in the firewall.:arghh:
Not sure what you were referring to. Its up higher than the frame if your talking about the tip height. Actually it's above the frame height. It can't even get close to the tips in a turn. Still would have 4 inches if it were fully compressed. Is that what you meant. The firewall part of your question is what has me confused.

·
Premium Member
3,336 Posts
Nope... they are above the frame and I have no problem with them overheating the side "fender" or HITTING when I load onto the trailer, which is when most of the ground clearance issues arise. Just in case you would like my two cents worth.;)

·
I may not be right but I can sound like it
4,534 Posts
Nope... they are above the frame and I have no problem with them overheating the side "fender" or HITTING when I load onto the trailer, which is when most of the ground clearance issues arise. Just in case you would like my two cents worth.;)
I love your exhaust......in a manly kind of way:)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I drove 175 miles today. I loved every minute of it. And I smelled like Irish spring soap instead of burned fuel when I got to my office.

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!

I got a text from Bill Hahn and he said that he was making this exhaust for people that have the stock manifold. So you wont have to have a turbo to enjoy a better exhaust sound, less fumes, lower cockpit heat, and a bit more power!

I think he was going to get pricing and availability info to the forum this week.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I drove 175 miles today. I loved every minute of it. And I smelled like Irish spring soap instead of burned fuel when I got to my office.

AND GUESS WHAT!!!!

I got a text from Bill Hahn and he said that he was making this exhaust for people that have the stock manifold. So you wont have to have a turbo to enjoy a better exhaust sound, less fumes, lower cockpit heat, and a bit more power!

I think he was going to get pricing and availability info to the forum this week.
That is good news, I might be willing to upgrade from my current UpTone...It is killing my right ear and the just a little to loud. Thanks for this news!!

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
I'm still rooting for Hahn to make a set for the stock manifold. I think people would love to have the side exit system. It would be cooler, it would sound great, it probably would give a few horsepower , it would look great, and it would eliminate any fumes.
Maybe he will. Ill keep on pushing him for it.
IMG_0566.JPG

...................................................... tom n carol

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Yea it will have a different tone if it doesn't have the Turbo chopping the sound. It still should sound better than stock and have all the other bonuses of a side exit. Like the lack of heat and exhaust smell. AND IT LOOKS SO SMOOTH WITH THOSE PIPES AND TIPS!

Reactions: BlackDeath

·
4,534 Posts
Yea it will have a different tone if it doesn't have the Turbo chopping the sound. It still should sound better than stock and have all the other bonuses of a side exit. Like the lack of heat and exhaust smell. AND IT LOOKS SO SMOOTH WITH THOSE PIPES AND TIPS!

Robert - chrome exhaust tips??? I love ya even more......in a manly sort of way as @Stickerdick would say:)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Those are polished stainless. It's chrome's more expensive relative!

·
WHAT HAPPENED HERE?
2,221 Posts
Just ordered my HAHN side exit exhaust this morning!

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I think you got the Sling bug as bad as I do - does anyone think there is a cure for this very expensive disease:banghead::banghead:
Slingshots are the herpes of the vehicle world. There is no known cure & it's the gift that keeps on giving...

·
I have moved on!
2,899 Posts
I do - you buy a second one and keep it stock.......
Honestly Bill I have pissed away a lot more money on some pretty dumb things in my life, but this is much more rewarding as I can drive it most every day and my wife is all in.
Look at the bright side, for us guys in danger of a midlife crisis - it's cheaper than having a girlfriend.

·
4,534 Posts
I do - you buy a second one and keep it stock.......
Honestly Bill I have pissed away a lot more money on some pretty dumb things in my life, but this is much more rewarding as I can drive it most every day and my wife is all in.
Look at the bright side, for us guys in danger of a midlife crisis - it's cheaper than having a girlfriend.
Agree 100% - definitely no girlfriend - have managed to keep my branch & berries for almost 60 years - my bride would most definitely prune me!! Sling is much safer:)

41 - 60 of 107 Posts