Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Hahn RaceCraft is in the Slingshot Game

21K views 98 replies 33 participants last post by  BKL 
#1 ·
Hello all!

Just dropping by to let you know that Hahn RaceCraft has begun development of boosted options for Slingshot. We're the industry pioneers, first to bring turbocharging to the Ecotec engine that's used in Slingshot, starting way back in 2001 when GM approached us to build boosted Cavaliers and Sunfires for the 2002 SEMA show.

Since that time, we've also been first to market with turbocharging options for Cobalt/G5, Solstice/Sky, and other GM Ecotec applications. To date, we've provided thousands of turbocharging systems and turbo upgrades to the Ecotec market, both through direct sales as well as a large complement of dealers, distributors and private-label Ecotec products for other companies.

We are happy to bring a unique one-two punch to the Slingshot world: we are also longtime dragbike champions, so the art of applying huge power through a single rear wheel is a discipline we're already extremely well versed in!

Over the days and weeks to come, I'll share more about our plans and our partners, but I just wanted to introduce myself and my company so we can all get to know each other a little better. We're also interested in Polaris dealers who'd like to consider offering our well-regarded product.

As an aside, I'd also like to let you know that we have a brand-new website in the wings, and it's about to launch, so when you look at our current, admittedly dated site, I ask that you focus more on the product than the site itself. Our new site will be very contemporary, with full eco-commerce capabilities.

Email us to get on our mailing list that is five-figures strong!

We also have a Facebook page that you may find interesting. Like us up and get in the loop!

Boost regards,
Bill Hahn Jr.

See less See more
#7 ·
Bill - Is Hahn planning to become a supporting member of the forum?

I have done lots of research on the products you have for the other platforms (Solstice/Sky specifically) and there are lots of praise for the items you produce.

I am sure it will end up similar to the Solstice/Sky kit since they are nearly the exact same drivetrain. As for power, there will be some additional losses from the right-angle drive but it should roughly be the same whp (and probably similar price).

One option I was looking at was to retrofit an existing Hahn turbo for the Solstice into the SS so this will be an interesting kit.

#6 ·
Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm and support.

The best yardstick for comparing what we can do for Slingshot is the TurboSystem we've produced since 2006 for 2.4L Solstice and Sky, which of course have the same engine as Slingshot. Available in several trim levels, it boasts anywhere from 275 to 500+ HP. Stage II, which is the entry-level intercooled system intended for stock engines, has an MSRP of $3199.

We expect our Slingshot TurboSystem to be relatively comparable to this very well-established product.

#10 ·
I'd mentioned in another thread here that the first Slingshot to us gets a complete TurboSystem at cost. A fellow asked what "cost" entails, and I provided the following information:

Specific details would be negotiated based on the particulars and attributes of the individual scenario, as such arrangements are flexible and rather variable...but it could be as little as our actual cost for materials and components, which would be a savings of thousands of dollars compared to a typical installed system price.

If one is serious about possibly bringing their Slingshot (once available) to us for this, please PM or email me. One may even be able to divert the delivery of their unit to a Polaris dealer in our region. Thanks in advance for the interest!

For what it's worth, we are also in the process of acquiring our own Slingshot for advanced product development purposes, and that's likely to be the one we "go for the throat" on, exploring the nether regions of power available. Nonetheless, we remain very interested in also performing parallel development of a bolt-on Stage II TurboSystem on a partner's Slingshot.

#17 ·
As are we. Thank you for the encouraging welcome, nice group of folks here so far.

We've been eyeballing this machine for a while now, as it seems a perfect fit for our capabilities, what with our deep history not only with Ecotec but also with mega high-powered motorcycles. Slingshot rather tidily places all those eggs in one extremely exciting basket! So the consideration process is over, and I've decided to pursue this enticing machine with both barrels blazing, and we'll bring our full capability to bear upon it. We're known for doing things that are niche, unique markets, so away we go into this one.

#35 · (Edited)
Wow now were talking. I myself want 250 to 300 HP.
That 275 will be awesome. Will you be doing a header and exhaust also.

Sure do recall that one! A very fun car, and we thank you for involving us in it. It was one of the many GM SEMA show cars we were involved in along with Rick Bottom. Over the years, the SEMA show has featured dozens of Ecotec-powered cars featuring Hahn TurboSystem technology.

As our dealer network takes shape, we'll work towards having authorized Polaris installing dealers nationwide. We also boast hundreds of automotive performance shops nationwide that install our product and would be able to effect such an installation, so we should have your needs covered one way or the other. Thanks for saying hi!
Great to hear. Will you have any shops set up in the Sacramento, Ca area to do a install. Disabled so I need most things done for me.
I'll keep track of your progress.
Thanks

#19 ·
Sure do recall that one! A very fun car, and we thank you for involving us in it. It was one of the many GM SEMA show cars we were involved in along with Rick Bottom. Over the years, the SEMA show has featured dozens of Ecotec-powered cars featuring Hahn TurboSystem technology.

As our dealer network takes shape, we'll work towards having authorized Polaris installing dealers nationwide. We also boast hundreds of automotive performance shops nationwide that install our product and would be able to effect such an installation, so we should have your needs covered one way or the other. Thanks for saying hi!

#30 ·
Wrong thread DKF.
Hello all!

Just dropping by to let you know that Hahn RaceCraft has begun development of boosted options for Slingshot. We're the industry pioneers, first to bring turbocharging to the Ecotec engine that's used in Slingshot, starting way back in 2001 when GM approached us to build boosted Cavaliers and Sunfires for the 2002 SEMA show.

Since that time, we've also been first to market with turbocharging options for Cobalt/G5, Solstice/Sky, and other GM Ecotec applications. To date, we've provided thousands of turbocharging systems and turbo upgrades to the Ecotec market, both through direct sales as well as a large complement of dealers, distributors and private-label Ecotec products for other companies.

We are happy to bring a unique one-two punch to the Slingshot world: we are also longtime dragbike champions, so the art of applying huge power through a single rear wheel is a discipline we're already extremely well versed in!

Over the days and weeks to come, I'll share more about our plans and our partners, but I just wanted to introduce myself and my company so we can all get to know each other a little better. We're also interested in Polaris dealers who'd like to consider offering our well-regarded product.

As an aside, I'd also like to let you know that we have a brand-new website in the wings, and it's about to launch, so when you look at our current, admittedly dated site, I ask that you focus more on the product than the site itself. Our new site will be very contemporary, with full eco-commerce capabilities.

Email us to get on our mailing list that is five-figures strong!

We also have a Facebook page that you may find interesting. Like us up and get in the loop!

Boost regards,
Bill Hahn Jr.
WOW Bill, you got my mind going bananas right now. Thank you so much......extremely anxious to see the results

#46 ·
That's also a very good question. What we intend to do is very closely study the characteristics of Slingshot in this regard, and compare it to what we already know about using a single drive tire for significant power transmission. While it would be easy to conclude that Slingshot will simply benefit from larger and/or "stickier" tires, there are in fact many dynamics in play, some apparent, some subtle. Once we've had the opportunity to experience Slingshot in real time, I'm confident our development curve will be rapid and productive, and we'll apply what we develop to product that will come to market quickly. It's going to be a very exciting process, and we'll keep everyone posted!

#50 ·
I was curious if you are going to change out the wiring harness since it is Digital Wrench instead of OBD2?

I was hoping that it would be OBD2 so I could get the Torque app and dongle but alas, it appears to be Digital Wrench. Might be something worth looking into as you prep for your first install. ;)

#51 ·
We'll be developing parallel versions of both Digital Wrench and OBDII versions. It's my intention to analyze the capabilities of both as we further explore the possibilities we'll uncover in the development process. Of course, it's a bit early to offer which may come out on top, but we'll pursue all available avenues in the quest to optimize not only our TurboSystem options, but also general tuning as well.

I anticipate that we'll ultimately see results with both, and offer each framework to our customers so as to best suit all possible iterations of not only normally-aspirated, but also turbocharged configurations.

#58 ·
As a matter of fact, we do :) You may already be familiar with our client Sin City Performance in Henderson. There are some other Hahn installing shops to consider as well, so when you're ready to pull the trigger, we'll review and expound upon your choices in greater detail. Thanks, I like the notion of an SS cruising the Strip!

http://www.sincityperformance.com/home.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.