Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SEMA was a HUGE success. Polaris did not have a booth but Kicker audio and Kenda tires both had a demo Slingshot. Also one was outside.

SEMA is a automotive trade show so allot of people in the trade had no idea what the slingshot was. But once they saw it, it was received very well. There will be tons of after-market for the slingshot.

Some of you have expressed the need to tow. I spoke to some of my good friends at a major hitch company and I will be meeting with them to possibly have them develop a hitch.

Wheels, suspension, brakes, security, audio, etc.... lots of choices will be available soon. Slingmods was at the show as well, i'm sure he will have many of those available soon.

Turbo kit. Some new technology was released at SEMA that we will be using and all I can say is hold on! Our Slingshot turbo kit will be amazing!

I know some of you are frustrated with the wait. The slingshot will be well worth it in the end.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Turbo. What was Kenda showcasing? Their pyone that came to the booth was for the slingshot. I was talking to someone about the slingshot and tires and of course i recome
Thanks Turbo. What was Kenda showcasing? Their proprietary 60 dollar tire? ;)[/QUOTE

Pretty much. People at there booth was only to see the ss.

·
Registered
532 Posts
SEMA was a HUGE success. Polaris did not have a booth but Kicker audio and Kenda tires both had a demo Slingshot. Also one was outside.

SEMA is a automotive trade show so allot of people in the trade had no idea what the slingshot was. But once they saw it, it was received very well. There will be tons of after-market for the slingshot.

Some of you have expressed the need to tow. I spoke to some of my good friends at a major hitch company and I will be meeting with them to possibly have them develop a hitch.

Wheels, suspension, brakes, security, audio, etc.... lots of choices will be available soon. Slingmods was at the show as well, i'm sure he will have many of those available soon.

Turbo kit. Some new technology was released at SEMA that we will be using and all I can say is hold on! Our Slingshot turbo kit will be amazing!

I know some of you are frustrated with the wait. The slingshot will be well worth it in the end.
The new products for turbo systems. Will they improve the current offerings coming out.
Can you give any information or would this give away some of your secrets :)
Looking forward to seeing what the various companies come out with.

Was wondering once a turbo system is installed how often would lt need to be tuned or adjusted.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The new products for turbo systems. Will they improve the current offerings coming out.
Can you give any information or would this give away some of your secrets :)
Looking forward to seeing what the various companies come out with.

Was wondering once a turbo system is installed how often would lt need to be tuned or adjusted.
Thanks.
Automotive technology is always changing. It's like smart phones. The engine is not new and many have built kits for it, but that was almost 10 years ago when those kits were developed. Turbo technology has improved in the past few years to new levels never imagined a decade ago. Even software to tune engines today is so advanced now that it can completely change how a car operates and runs even if the car was modified with decade old parts. Software now can also protect and save an engine if something went wrong unlike software a while ago.

Once a kit is installed and tuned you would not have to ever retune it unless you wanted to make changes.
Our kit is a new kit built from the ground up and using the available technology we have today, so it would be like building space ships vs paper airplanes.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in. Put me on the list of first claimers. I can provide any details needed to make me a marketing source as an advocate on the forum and locally. I enjoy sharing good results and awesome service from those that I buy from. I'm a business owner......reputation and results matter. I'd love to be a part of it if it makes sense. THANKS. Nix

·
Registered
532 Posts
Automotive technology is always changing. It's like smart phones. The engine is not new and many have built kits for it, but that was almost 10 years ago when those kits were developed. Turbo technology has improved in the past few years to new levels never imagined a decade ago. Even software to tune engines today is so advanced now that it can completely change how a car operates and runs even if the car was modified with decade old parts. Software now can also protect and save an engine if something went wrong unlike software a while ago.

Once a kit is installed and tuned you would not have to ever retune it unless you wanted to make changes.
Our kit is a new kit built from the ground up and using the available technology we have today, so it would be like building space ships vs paper airplanes.
Thanks Turbosling
Looking forward to seeing what your turbo system Intel's.
When a individual has a turbo installed. Approximately how many miles should a person put on the motor beforehand.
One other thing I plan on having a new exhaust installed exiting out the back.
I imagine this should be completed before turbo install.
To ensure a proper tuning?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Turbosling
Looking forward to seeing what your turbo system Intel's.
When a individual has a turbo installed. Approximately how many miles should a person put on the motor beforehand.
One other thing I plan on having a new exhaust installed exiting out the back.
I imagine this should be completed before turbo install.
To ensure a proper tuning?
Thanks
Depends on who you talk to. IMO you can install it right away if want. We have done that to many cars. Yes that would be best, but depending on who is making the exhaust and design it probably won't match up to our exhaust exit on a turbo setup so it wouldn't be a truly bolt on kit. But that can be easily changed by many shops that do fabrication.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts