Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GROUP RIDES have now been set up and collated.These for every day are now posted on our App and website with Rideleader,ride number,destination, pace&duration.You may go to our App.Click on button Group Ride Info.Its easy on this download it's free Slingshotroadsters in search for I-Phone or pad App Store and Android to Google Play.................Or on our website
www.slingshotroadsters.com
Click on Group Rides Slingshots in The Smokies.
This is under Site Navigation left corner on Home Page.
Read all instructions first before going through all rides.Select your ride or rides for the days you require then use the email address provided.
[email protected].
Give us the drivers first&last name,no forum names.
Do not use this email for anything else but your rides selected as it will not be answered.Once your rides are collated you will get an email acknowledgement.If full you will be advised.
It would be nice if you would post on this thread that you have booked your rides and just put your first name.It gives me a double check that I recd your email.
ONLY PERSONS WHO ARE REGISTERED WILL BE BOOKED ON THE RIDES.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only one ride per day.If you read the notes on our website it will tell you rides start 8am and go off in 5 to 10 mins intervals.Thats it for the day later on enjoy looking at the vendors or make up your own rides.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I am personally not interested in the Poker playing myself. Will there be any other rides scheduled for June 4th or it will just be a plan your own ride day?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ride schedule tells you the exact schedule we have.What is posted are the official rides.
A poker run is not exactly playing poker.I believe the guys in the world poker championships would have something to say about that,It is a beautiful setup ride with a few of stops on the way where a card is handed out.You can join the fun support the charity and ride with bunches of Slingshots or not enter the contest still enjoy the ride and end up at Smoky Mountain Steel Horses for refreshments.
Alternatively if you prefer make up your own ride.
The object is Slingshot enjoyment.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The ride schedule tells you the exact schedule we have.What is posted are the official rides.
A poker run is not exactly playing poker.I believe the guys in the world poker championships would have something to say about that,It is a beautiful setup ride with a few of stops on the way where a card is handed out.You can join the fun support the charity and ride with bunches of Slingshots or not enter the contest still enjoy the ride and end up at Smoky Mountain Steel Horses for refreshments.
Alternatively if you prefer make up your own ride.
The object is Slingshot enjoyment.
Sorry my misunderstanding lol The link for more information does not work for me on your website. I will send a updated email and add that Poker ride also..

·
You could've had a V8
2,360 Posts
Ivor - Last year we had a "tail of the dragon day" where all (or nearly all) Slingshots went to the Tail and staged together. Is this not happening this year? I see that there are Tail of the Dragon rides but other rides at the same time. Just curious if there are too many Slings this year to do a group day or if that has now shifted to the "Parade Day"?

Not complaining, mind you, just curious. The Tail day seemed like a focus of last years event (with Polaris even filming on that day).

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is the Parade day still on, or has it been cancelled?
Ivor - Last year we had a "tail of the dragon day" where all (or nearly all) Slingshots went to the Tail and staged together. Is this not happening this year? I see that there are Tail of the Dragon rides but other rides at the same time. Just curious if there are too many Slings this year to do a group day or if that has now shifted to the "Parade Day"?

Not complaining, mind you, just curious. The Tail day seemed like a focus of last years event (with Polaris even filming on that day).
I answer last year there were much less Slingshots and Polaris requested we do it that way.
This year it's bigger & better.Much more varied rides.As per our schedule.
The Poker Run and of course the Grand Parade will feature every Slingshot that wants to participate.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ivor,
What is the difference between the medium and easy ride? Speed wise?.
Great rides posted.Pam
I guess easy smells the roses medium is a nice pace around the twisties with some excitement and fast concentrate like you life depends on it.
Upto the rideleader who are all qualified.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I do not know who you are.If you have recd acknowledgement confirming rides you are booked.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts