Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some halos from Colorwerkz (guess they're called Lighting Trendz now). They have short positive/negative wires with ring terminals. Any good ground areas under the hood? Pics would be helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I suggest finding the nearest part of the metal frame. You could do your ground 2 different ways. 1. Find the metal and drill a hole and sand away the paint around the area where the ring terminal would contact and then, using a sheet metal screw, attach your terminal to ground. 2. Find something near enough for the wire to reach where there is something mounted on the metal frame. Take one of the screws out of whatever it is holding down and insert your ground terminal under that device where the mounting screw will go through it when you put the screw back in. The contact with the metal and/or device it is under should be enough to give you a good ground. I hope this helps. The late reply is because I just joined this forum. I have a 2020 Model R and installed an amateur (Ham) radio and antenna on my ride. I have about 50 years experience in electronics and telecommunications.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a pic, if I can get it uploaded, on how I grounded my radio installatation. It is the terminal with the blue insulation.
PowerGround.JPG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts