Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't notice this corner of the forum until now... have shared a bit in other threads, but here's my official intro.

I'm 56, married, kids outta the house, accountant by profession and photographer by passion. I travel around the state quite a bit photographing various beautiful spots and have longed to make the trip itself more interesting. Enter the Slingshot.

Have never ridden motorcycles, but 3 wheelers have captured my attention for a couple of years. Kicked the tires of Harley trikes, Can Am Spyders, etc., but they never quite did it for me. This is a whole 'nother creature that really appears to scratch my itch. I like having a seatbelt... I like that it drives like a car... I like the side-by-side configuration... I like that it's low and wide and appears very stable... and I love that it's wide open. Damn, I can't wait.

You'll find me in the Mt. Rainier area... or Palouse Falls... or the Columbia Gorge. I'm imagining mostly riding backroads -- windy 2-laners with lots of character and scenery. Fortunately, there are a lot of options around here. From my house there's a gorgeous 150 mile loop over 3 mountain passes that travels through Mt. Rainier park... I can't stop imagining getting up on a Saturday morning and cruising that route just for fun.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I didn't notice this corner of the forum until now... have shared a bit in other threads, but here's my official intro.

I'm 56, married, kids outta the house, accountant by profession and photographer by passion. I travel around the state quite a bit photographing various beautiful spots and have longed to make the trip itself more interesting. Enter the Slingshot.

Have never ridden motorcycles, but 3 wheelers have captured my attention for a couple of years. Kicked the tires of Harley trikes, Can Am Spyders, etc., but they never quite did it for me. This is a whole 'nother creature that really appears to scratch my itch. I like having a seatbelt... I like that it drives like a car... I like the side-by-side configuration... I like that it's low and wide and appears very stable... and I love that it's wide open. Damn, I can't wait.

You'll find me in the Mt. Rainier area... or Palouse Falls... or the Columbia Gorge. I'm imagining mostly riding backroads -- windy 2-laners with lots of character and scenery. Fortunately, there are a lot of options around here. From my house there's a gorgeous 150 mile loop over 3 mountain passes that travels through Mt. Rainier park... I can't stop imagining getting up on a Saturday morning and cruising that route just for fun.
Not at all SS related and I really don't have the passion (or skill) for photography but I did take a trip out to Evan's Creek in WA a few years ago with a few Jeep guys. We left Iowa on a Friday night and returned the next Sunday evening. 1 day of wheeling the Jeep in between. Here are the pics I took of Mt. Rainier from the Evan's Creek trails and overlooks...

The Jeep we brought is the white Wrangler in the middle:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts