Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a very lengthy conversion with the Polaris guys geez don't even know where to start!

well as of this week they have 450 production units made and they are working as fast as they can. We should see the first batch in October for sure. When the SS was introduced they had the plan to allow pre order and the people who pre ordered woukld also get a free momo shift knob and some other goodies. But! The hits to the web site and google stats was so overwhelming that they knew it was a hit and knew they would not be able to fill orders as they didn't expect this thing to take off this fast so it was halted.

The LE5 engine supply will be used up soon. They have two engines now to start testing for the 16 or 17 year models. One of the engines is the turbo charged LNF engine! It is most likely we will see either a turbo or supercharged engine on the next model year.

Spring/summer 2015 more vibrant colors will be available And for you Canadians you will probably have a rear fender!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Thanks Turboslim!:)

Wow a lot of news...

but new motor as fast as 2016/2017...i am a bit worried about that...i don't think is a good thing if i want to sell my 2015...:bored: my SS may depreciate rapidly!!

For the color is a good thing! But i am ok with the Red! Love it!

For the Canadian...when comes the Rear Fender?:wideyed::woot:

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sounds like you might have a rear fender right away. Something to do with your regulations. So with that it will probably be a option for everyone else.

The boss at Polaris is a gear head and wants to see the SS built to the point it will smoke a exotic car. Expect to see allot of aftermarket and evolution of the SS. I'm gonna swing my ss by when I get the turbo on and dialed in.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!

450? Ouch. Looks like a lot people are SOL for October.
I know I am since I'm on the 2nd batch. Or m
Nice!

450? Ouch. Looks like a lot people are SOL for October.
I guess some dealers in sunny states like fl and ca are 30+ units with down payments!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Had a very lengthy conversion with the Polaris guys geez don't even know where to start!

well as of this week they have 450 production units made and they are working as fast as they can. We should see the first batch in October for sure. When the SS was introduced they had the plan to allow pre order and the people who pre ordered woukld also get a free momo shift knob and some other goodies. But! The hits to the web site and google stats was so overwhelming that they knew it was a hit and knew they would not be able to fill orders as they didn't expect this thing to take off this fast so it was halted.

The LE5 engine supply will be used up soon. They have two engines now to start testing for the 16 or 17 year models. One of the engines is the turbo charged LNF engine! It is most likely we will see either a turbo or supercharged engine on the next model year.

Spring/summer 2015 more vibrant colors will be available And for you Canadians you will probably have a rear fender!
Thanks for sharing the news so quickly!

·
Registered
497 Posts
"The LE5 engine supply will be used up soon. They have two engines now to start testing for the 16 or 17 year models. One of the engines is the turbo charged LNF engine! It is most likely we will see either a turbo or supercharged engine on the next model year."

Can you imagine this baby with the six-cylinder ford Eco boost motor???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even GM's 2.0L Turbo 4 cyl is no slouch. Almost 300 lbs of torque...it honestly suprised me in one of the new Buick Regals, and those are a lot heavier than a SS. Ford's Eco Boost 6 cyl would be awesome too, no doubt.

I think the motor will not be an issue, whether they go GM or Ford, it will get down to traction.

edit: While we're on the subject of borrowed technology, can you imagine a SS with magnetic suspension ala GM CTS-V, ZL1, ZR1, SS sedan etc etc

1 - 20 of 72 Posts