Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
321 - 340 of 378 Posts
Discussion starter · #321 ·
OK, I high jacked my own thread.:rolleyes:
Today I ordered the last of the oil cooler parts as well as a new set of Corbeau CR1 seats with inflatable lumbar:mooning:
But alas I am still suffering from corvette separation anxiety syndrome from the sale of my vette:mask:

Just a side note: Thanks to the good will in most part to the gang here at the Slingshot Forum we have raised over $2000 so far for the St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital. Please take a lot of pride in what you all have done:smuggrin:
If you are just watching the thread and don't know whats up click on the link at the lower left hand side of my posts that say Events for St. Jude

You will see lots of familiar names in the credit board:wideyed:
Donation sent... Fantastic cause, thanks for doing this Mark!!!

Discussion starter · #324 ·
Donation sent... Fantastic cause, thanks for doing this Mark!!!
So you are the mysterious Larry:cigar:
Well I am certainly in the presence of Royalty:wideyed:
You are a cut above young man and I am looking forwards to anything I can do for you in exchange for this act of kindness:)

Discussion starter · #325 ·
OK Gang. As soon as I get this round of boot kits done I am going to hold off a spell to complete a new goodie bad for the Smokies. Custom bag like I handed out at Slingfest that will include the St. Jude Lap of America shirt, some glow in the dark Lap of America arm bands. I will also have some Assorted shift boots and other promo stuff available at the Smokies. Still love you all but have to save a little money to afford more gifts so if you want a boot kit I shall have several on hand with materials to make up desired combinations on site:wideyed:
Will post any remaining items shortly before the dry spell.:nailbiting:
But try and remember why we are doing this and consider the simplest of donations. Even a five dollar donation is a wonderful contribution my friends:singing:

Discussion starter · #326 ·
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you individual owners out there who have made such a difference in the lives of those boys and girls at St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital.

With your individual contributions and yours alone we have raised almost 3 Thousand dollars in the last month.:wideyed:
Some have simply donated for the sake of doing so and others have taken home what I hope is some nice gifts for their generosity:woot:.
On the very positive corporate side it would appear that most of the expenses are being taken by our own local medical community who I would like you to all know have really opened up the purse strings to make the behind the scenes possible. In the comming days we will have official Tee-Shirts with all of the supporting sponsors and cool gift bags like those we distributed at Slingfest last year:woot:
This does not mean that I am done or finished raising funds:greedy:.
I am hoping that our own Slingshot vendors might some day soon add their own names to the St. Jude Roster that continues to grow as wello_O.
So please take a look at the names of your friends and family who have made token offerings to these children and give them a smile because I owe them all my deepest respect Gang!:D

Events for St. Jude

Now that sir is a nice looking seat.
When I was a kid I had a jack in the box -- that young mans name wouldn't be Jack by any chance.
Well he looks happy and now days you can't ask for much more than that.

Something came in the mail today! Thank you GPCustoms for the ebrake and all the good things you do!

View attachment 51794
View attachment 51795
View attachment 51796
Looks great @Astrolite, Mark did a great job on these and all for a worthy cause. After I installed the St Jude handle/leather boot, I could not get it to look smooth, it looked all gapped and frumpy. Then I had an idea that might make it look a little better. So I removed it, then I took the old rubber brake handle and cut it off just behind the solid handle part, just leaving the rubber boot, installed the old rubber boot back over the brake mechanism, then installed the St Jude handle/leather boot over it. It really help to fill and form the leather boot better so it didn't look so wrinkled and gapped. It was difficult to get the leather tucked back in, but the end result looks great. I figured that cutting up the old handle was no loss as it really is not worth anything now anyway.

Discussion starter · #332 ·
Something came in the mail today! Thank you GPCustoms for the ebrake and all the good things you do!

View attachment 51794
View attachment 51795
View attachment 51796
Hey young man. Im sick at home today but I notice that the boot has not been pulled all the way over the handle. Just for grins go out and give it a steady tug and it will pop into the band and look cleaner.
I have not yet tried Mniron's idea but like the way it sounds. After all That stock boot is never going back on:wideyed:
Right now my boot is old school and frumpy like me:wacky:
Post up a photo Mniron so everyone has a good option, I am really looking forward to seeing it:snaphappy:

Hey young man. Im sick at home today but I notice that the boot has not been pulled all the way over the handle. Just for grins go out and give it a steady tug and it will pop into the band and look cleaner.
I have not yet tried Mniron's idea but like the way it sounds. After all That stock boot is never going back on:wideyed:
Right now my boot is old school and frumpy like me:wacky:
Post up a photo Mniron so everyone has a good option, I am really looking forward to seeing it:snaphappy:
I will get a pic of the final install. Not sure after getting the leather boot tucked in that I want to pull it out for pictures. The handle I cut off as it went directly in the trash. In the middle of some other mods, need to get some pictures up!

Discussion starter · #334 ·
I will get a pic of the final install. Not sure after getting the leather boot tucked in that I want to pull it out for pictures. The handle I cut off as it went directly in the trash. In the middle of some other mods, need to get some pictures up!
Oh by all means don't un do the job but share the results,....Ever since we talked about your mod I have been interested in seeing it finished:wideyed:

I like your coil cover. Looks good.
I started to install my ebrake handle today but a gorilla must installed it at the factory. I'll give it another go tomorrow and post some pics after the install.

Stephen
It might help to run a small blade screwdriver up under the rubber at the button end. I had to do that and work the driver around to break things loose. You could also try channel-lock plyers to get some good leverage to twist the rubber.

Discussion starter · #337 ·
Or just cut that ugly thing off,...If you want an OEM handle I will give you mine:bag:
Now when I took mine off it generated a new hernia,...veins popping from my neck, forehead and vast amounts of expressive metaphors that made my neighbors think I was speaking in tounges:banghead:

Hey young man. Im sick at home today but I notice that the boot has not been pulled all the way over the handle. Just for grins go out and give it a steady tug and it will pop into the band and look cleaner
Thanks for the install tip, much better. So beats that ugly rubber thing that was there before! Hope you're feeling better soon!

321 - 340 of 378 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.