Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to Biketoberfest today and took a side trip to New Smyrna to see the Slingshot up close. My dealer was very excited to have a prototype for display purposes. I was,able to sit in the driver seat and fiddle with the stereo system and backup camera. I will be wearing my full face helmet when I ride because I will be grinning so much when I drive it.

It was awesome and erased all traces of buyer's remorse I might have had. The view of the massive fenders is incredible. It appears much bigger than I imagined. Seats are great and there is adequate storage for an overnight trip. Longer trips will require more storage if my wife decides to join in on the fun.

I simply cannot wait.

·
Registered
915 Posts
There is a ton of leg room. I'm 5'11" and I have to move the seat forward a few inches to reach the pedals comfortably. The seat also reclines so the farther forward you move it, the more you can recline before the seat hits the back of the cockpit. I've only heard it at idle with some stationary revs and I'd say it sounds like a slightly aggressive car exhaust

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not feel that my left leg was cramped at all. Some small cockpits have very little foot room because the cockpit narrows. This one does not.

It sounds like a car engine to me. Perhaps a little louder because of the open cockpit. The windshield is short, very much like a motorcycle windshield. I like looking over the top of the shield.

There are two Slingshots on display at the new Indian Dealer on Beach Street on Daytona Beach. I was there at one o'clock yesterday and they already had two reservations. Sales manager said that he expected delivery in December. The dealership only opened yesterday, so I expect he did not get placement on the first round of deliveries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts