Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love blind spot lights in my mirrors. its just a quick way to determine if something is in your blind spot. I ordered two of these kits the other day. One for my daughters Fiat and one just to have. Now I am going to install it on the slingshot. Ill let you know how it works. It should look good on the SS because it has a nice display and the sensors are black. I believe this will be a great add on to the SS.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Love it Take a lot of pic of the install please I will be following along @ home .

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have all these ideas and toys, just not any help. I wish there was someone in my area that had the same passion for mods and bikes. I have friends that ride but they all come over to tell lies and raid my fridge.:) I just need an extra set of hands most of the time.

Heck I would even trade some cool toys like Amps and Stereos or whatever they are looking for and my labor if I could get someone to do a wrap on my SS. I would include cash of course if these was a difference.

Im fairly good at some of everything but window tinting and vinyl graphics installs. I suck so bad at that. I realllllllly want to put a wrap on the SS. The dirty roads are beating the front off my SS.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess i just live in a area where there isn't a lot of people. Or at least not a lot of people that like to tinker with bikes.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Im not the one, this will be a first outing for me Im afraid. If I have the knack Ill let you know . You have all the toys up there, powder oven. Ill bet you have 3 kinds of welders too.I would stop in to visit while motorhoming .I cant believe you dont have some young hanger on just trying to learn stuff from you.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I guess i just live in a area where there isn't a lot of people. Or at least not a lot of people that like to tinker with bikes.
Im a big proportionate of kidnapping and apprentice programs .

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Wait you got a daughter dating her should coming with some vetting process .. so you can determine the nature of their character and motives .This vetting can be done in a workshop .

Reactions: DKF Texas

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait you got a daughter dating her should coming with some vetting process .. so you can determine the nature of their character and motives .This vetting can be done in a workshop .
I think I scare most of them off. I am 6'3 and 320. I guess they get jumpy when I come home and one of them is on my couch. After i shake their hand and squeeze it till the fingernails pop off they don't show back up. ;)

This is my 16 year old daughter. I am pretty protective.
547915_10202485371967922_262494786_n.jpg
563385_4937404485275_207428101_n.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think I scare most of them off. I am 6'3 and 320. I guess they get jumpy when I come home and one of them is on my couch. After i shake their hand and squeeze it till the fingernails pop off they don't show back up. ;)

This is my 16 year old daughter. I am pretty protective.
View attachment 3366 View attachment 3367
Come on @RABTECH, you know better than to post your daughter around all us dirty old men. :(
Agreed, nice work by the way. - Glad I have a SON. I don't envy you.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I have all these ideas and toys, just not any help. I wish there was someone in my area that had the same passion for mods and bikes. I have friends that ride but they all come over to tell lies and raid my fridge.:) I just need an extra set of hands most of the time.

Heck I would even trade some cool toys like Amps and Stereos or whatever they are looking for and my labor if I could get someone to do a wrap on my SS. I would include cash of course if these was a difference.

Im fairly good at some of everything but window tinting and vinyl graphics installs. I suck so bad at that. I realllllllly want to put a wrap on the SS. The dirty roads are beating the front off my SS.
wish I lived in you area, would be there in a snap of a second and help you with some great ideas

·
Registered
686 Posts
Rab, seems like just as much work as installing cameras that will let you actually see what's in the blind spots; you already have a display, right?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rab, seems like just as much work as installing cameras that will let you actually see what's in the blind spots; you already have a display, right?
It will require some wiring. I dont like looking at a screen for side viewing. Between the glare and the weird angles that the camera displays it just isnt for me. I do like being able to look up at the orange light display and instantly see a on or off dot. That would cause me to pause and take a bettee look in my mirror. However if you like the camera /monitor setup and your comfortable with it then im sure it would be great.

·
Registered
915 Posts
"Im fairly good at some of everything but window tinting and vinyl graphics installs. I suck so bad at that. I realllllllly want to put a wrap on the SS. The dirty roads are beating the front off my SS."
Rab, how do you possibly have time to ride the SS with all your doing on it? By the way, your daughter is stunning, (said in the most non letchy way I could muster)

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"Im fairly good at some of everything but window tinting and vinyl graphics installs. I suck so bad at that. I realllllllly want to put a wrap on the SS. The dirty roads are beating the front off my SS."
Rab, how do you possibly have time to ride the SS with all your doing on it? By the way, your daughter is stunning, (said in the most non letchy way I could muster)
I ride to work each day. I have 640miles on it so far. I am uploading a video I did today of the mirror I installed. I will post a link when its done uploading. It doesn't have audio because I had my skeleton case on my gopro and I had the camera mounted in the air about the same height as the top the fin. But it shows how steady the mirror is.

Reactions: SAINT SS
1 - 20 of 42 Posts