Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Disruptive --> IG /Facebook
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had those wheels at home... Luckily for me the Slingshot lug pattern is the same as the Mazda RX7 FD3S...

Im running Hankook Tires on them.

They are ADVAN Racing - ADVAN GT
Size: 19x9 front / 19x10 rear

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had those wheels at home... Luckily for me the Slingshot lug pattern is the same as the Mazda RX7 FD3S...

Im running Hankook Tires on them.

They are ADVAN Racing - ADVAN GT
Size: 19x9 front / 19x10 rear
Nice setup and clean. I like the color scheme. What is the offset on the front and rear? How does is handle vs stock rims? Enjoy and Happy Holidays.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Those look incredible... great mod!

Question, though. I thought one of the biggest reasons guys went w/ grey is due to to the smaller wheels providing shorter gearing. Maybe the tires are lower profile so the net is the same?

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you happen to know the difference in weight?......Not super important, just curious.
What are you running for tires? Looks great!
ADVAN GT is one piece, form forged wheels made from A6061-T6 aluminum. They are light and very strong. I Have an extra rear with tire so I will check on the weight...My other set of Advans are around 20lbs without tires just so that you have an idea. the tires are hankook Ventus V12

Let us see your rear !!!!!:D
Wow looks good does the back line up to center pretty good
Yes. I found the stock offset in this forum and made calculations based on it.
It can take a bigger tire for sure, but i do not want to add weight...

·
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Those look incredible... great mod!

Question, though. I thought one of the biggest reasons guys went w/ grey is due to to the smaller wheels providing shorter gearing. Maybe the tires are lower profile so the net is the same?

You are correct... because the tires are low profile the radius is about he same.

I got the base because I can do better with the extra 4k. Plus the wheels on the SL are not that appealing to me.

I already had the ADVAN GT wheels because the lug pattern on my RX-7 and the pattern on the Slingshot is the same... And I confirmed that the offset is the same as well, so I can swap wheels easily... I have 3 sets.

I got the double windscreen because I like it better than the one piece.

The audio system... Well That is coming too. I like JL Audio and they are up the street from where I Iive in Florida.

I want to get these for when I paint it in March...

·
Registered
26 Posts
You are correct... because the tires are low profile the radius is about he same.

I got the base because I can do better with the extra 4k. Plus the wheels on the SL are not that appealing to me.

I already had the ADVAN GT wheels because the lug pattern on my RX-7 and the pattern on the Slingshot is the same... And I confirmed that the offset is the same as well, so I can swap wheels easily... I have 3 sets.

I got the double windscreen because I like it better than the one piece.

The audio system... Well That is coming too. I like JL Audio and they are up the street from where I Iive in Florida.

I want to get these for when I paint it in March...

I think that wheel would look a lot better

1 - 20 of 43 Posts