Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

GoPro Mounting

5K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Rist Rocket Racing 
#1 ·
I just bought my first one today (a Hero 4 Silver) in anticipation of when I get my SL, so I only have what it came with at this point. I was curious where, how and equipment (mounts) were being used on the windshield bracket and back by the fin between the driver and passenger so that if I don't have what I need, I can make sure I have it on hand.

I got some Ram mounts and mounted my other cameras to my Goldwing, but looking to pick up some quick tips here from those that have already done this.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Helmet mounts or flat mount can be put anywhere. I have one on 2 of my 6 helmets. A little shaky, but a great perspective.

Clamp mount should work good for any portion of the exposed frame; especially the headrest "roll" bar.

And, the always important suction cup mount. This will stick to almost any flat and clean surface.

You will love having a go-pro! It just takes a little practice on how to edit the videos so that they are more enjoyable for the viewer!

http://shop.gopro.com/mounts?gclid=...W1Dou6dFr_jgRddRYh7bX4y_qb63pEIBQixoCGYHw_wcB

#4 ·
I have hours upon hours of video editing, so no worries there, just looking for what folks were using to mount on the Slingshot.
So no worries about the suction cup coming loose if exposed in the slipstream (properly applied of course).

#5 ·
I like the idea of using the clamp "roll bar" mount. That way you never have to worry about it getting knocked off while you are driving.

I can see a bird smoking it while going over a bridge and.... pooof. It is gone forever. A little drastic, but you get the point.

#8 · (Edited)
GoPro mount with fixed position power.
I took a black GoPro case and modified it for long term power.
A small drill, dremel, and hobby files cutout the shape of the usb connector.
Any minor gaps can be protected with rubber cement keeping moisture out and can be removed after use.
The usb cable is secured to the support post, doubling as a tether.
The GoPro is mounted to the rear fin half way up and gives an excellent forward view.
The GoPro is now powered by the accessory outlet between the seats and can be operated by smart phone or tablet without the worry of running down the battery too soon.

Just an idea.

#12 ·
Not that I want to knock anyone's product mine has two advantages, 1) it is by the continual power source. This is important for long trips 2) mine was free and I'd be willing to bet the view just as good. The mount fits there perfectly and almost looks like it was ment for that spot.

#16 ·
I do you like your solution, hopefully you did not take my comment in a negative manner, because yours does have advantages. The power cord is shorter and easier to secure to minimize flapping. Obviously there is a price of advantage, and it is also more protected from bugs, dust, damage, and other things. You're the first to post it that I've seen.

RRR has the advantages of also being near power, an excellent mounting system that will not come loose regardless of environmental elements, will not interfere with the driver, and it shows the view from the driver's seat without bouncing around like a helmet cam. It can also show the view behind the Slingshot.

The windshield post works, replacing bolts near the storage containers with a RAM ball, suction cup near the rear wing, fender mount, I just happen to like RRR'ssolution for the advantages it provides, and the other solutions that provide different advantages depending on needs. Like you said, it's hard to beat the price of equipment included with the purchase.

#14 ·
Thanks @NJ Sling

Yes there are always options when it basically comes to every product known to man. A lot of people use Cameras in the back side direction so if they get rear ended they have proof it wasn't their fault. Just one advantage with this design. With this design you can mount one forward, backwards or any direction to get that ultimate camera shot.

#26 ·
Well not to many people know how much a injection mold is. $14,000 plus 4 months of r&d. This product is well thought out and it's selling very Well. Again every single product we make Is not copied or modified. We offer a variety of SS parts that serve a purpose as well as aesthetically pleasing. Thanks for the support.

#27 ·
Looking at this again, have something much smaller than the GoPro on the way (mount should be compatible). The suction cup is probably great on the hood, but the setup is somewhere around $37, and suctioning it to the roll bar isn't going to happen. For a little more a there's the roll-bar solid mount, looks like a great vantage point.

#33 ·
I have no idea. Edited the end to say probably not ideal.

Got the used gopro in trade like wednesday and ordered the kit of various crap with quick delivery hoping something would work and it did for an event Saturday. That was very first vid, got it straighter for the next.

The bar mount in the kit would work perfectly on the frame, but not easily on the roll bar. That was my first try.

The velcro wrist mount is sturdy to spare for front of hoop mounting, but I wouldn't go expecting it to hold an offset camera in the wind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.