1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
69 Posts
As it indicated by this and other evaluations, Its not always the linear speed that is important to the excitement of driving. Being low and in " the moment " of the ride can be more exciting then running the sprint in less then 4 secs 0-60. My own experience is between my new vette and M6. The M6 580 hp is less exciting to drive then the vette 450 hp. M6 is faster but the refinement removes the excitement. The vette is more seat of your pants. This sling shot will be more seat of your pants then anything out there with 3 or 4 wheels at this price point. It may be a runaway best seller for Polaris as it will take years for any of the other majors to tool up with one of their own.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I believe the Slingshot will easily embarrass sportscars, and won't have to do anything to do it. When setting at a red light, ALL EYES will be on you, no one will even notice the brand new 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray sitting next to you that someone paid $75,000 for. And $350/mo to insure!

·
Registered
428 Posts
and now for the Mods. Whats the most common and easily change over to get one moving fast without breaking the bank?

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
We could probably already search this in a different area on the forum, (not sure) but for a basic cheaper bump in power, you could do a header, exhaust, intake and tune. On a regular car, I never expect too much from that but it'll probably make a significant difference in the lighter SS. For cornering there are also all kinds of things...coil overs etc....but I'd say see if it handles good enough first. I think I'll be good with a set of really sticky tires. It just depends on your specific needs. There seem to be some very talented people on this forum...Say for instance Turbosling, (not excluding the multitude of others here) who could and I'm sure would get you dialed in with whatever you want out of your SS performance wise.......Eventually.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
We could probably already search this in a different area on the forum, (not sure) but for a basic cheaper bump in power, you could do a header, exhaust, intake and tune. On a regular car, I never expect too much from that but it'll probably make a significant difference in the lighter SS. For cornering there are also all kinds of things...coil overs etc....but I'd say see if it handles good enough first. I think I'll be good with a set of really sticky tires. It just depends on your specific needs. There seem to be some very talented people on this forum...Say for instance Turbosling, (not excluding the multitude of others here) who could and I'm sure would get you dialed in with whatever you want out of your SS performance wise.......Eventually.
The quickest, easiest and most affordable bump in power comes in a bottle. Hard to beat Nitrous in that category. Although all you're gonna accomplish in a SS is increase your tire budget :eek:

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
The quickest, easiest and most affordable bump in power comes in a bottle. Hard to beat Nitrous in that category. Although all you're gonna accomplish in a SS is increase your tire budget :eek:
You know what Otter, I honestly didn't think of Nitrous. I've honestly never set it up on a vehicle......You did say easiest. What do you think a properly set up 50 shot would cost? Wet? What would your setup look like?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You know what Otter, I honestly didn't think of Nitrous. I've honestly never set it up on a vehicle......You did say easiest. What do you think a properly set up 50 shot would cost? Wet? What would your setup look like?
Nicely done about 1500 bucks I would think. Might go with a 75 shot if I was gonna do it.

·
Vendor
5,431 Posts
Nice! Now from your guys' experience, how hard would that be on the motor with stock internals? Well maintained and used fairly mildly say 3rd and 4th gear runs (assuming traction would be an issue otherwise.) 3 or 4 times per week just to throw a number out there so it's better defined.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts