Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Highway 47 from Anoka to St Francis is a 10-12 mile run that will be nice.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Take a trip to Duluth and head up the north shore to HWY 1 and head west. Great views and lots of corners.

Or, head down to where they filmed Grumpy Old men. Some really good country around there.

Or, find any one of the 10,000 lakes and follow the fun road around it. They are usually pretty curving. At least in central mn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys :) It would be nice to have a website that shows pins on good sections of road for this type of thing. I keep worrying if I get a Slingshot that I won't get a lot of use out of it due to the boring nature of the terrain around the twin cities. (That and I have a CanAm, so, my good weather riding experience would be split across multiple vehicles)

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Thanks guys :) It would be nice to have a website that shows pins on good sections of road for this type of thing. I keep worrying if I get a Slingshot that I won't get a lot of use out of it due to the boring nature of the terrain around the twin cities. (That and I have a CanAm, so, my good weather riding experience would be split across multiple vehicles)
That would attract unwanted attention, and open up the good spots to all ;). We'll get some members together this spring and have some fun.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have a pair of RZR's so I get that your time would be split but in the Twin Cities you can take the SS anywhere. You can't do that with a SxS or ATV so I would still think "boring" roads with the SS will be more exciting than sitting stationary on your Can Am waiting for weekends and vacations to get to some really good trail riding in. I am across the border in WI so I have some ability to ride out of my garage with my UTE's but this get's boring real fast as the area is extremely limited.

You have to look at it from the perspective of riding an MC. There are tons of great roads to surf, including right in the metro if you don't mind surfing some traffic as well. In fact where I would tend to avoid metro traffic with my MC I would not hesitate to drive straight through it in the SS. You don't have to get too far out of the 494/694 loop to find fewer cars, fewer LEO's and fun places to put the hammer down.

You can head East and West of the river as well within a fairly large radius and find amazing stretches of road to surf. Pins on a map would be all over the place from my perspective but that's because I have ridden my MC all over the place. My bet is once you begin to experience this the Can Am will be collecting a lot of dust. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
the river road south of 94, take stage coach trail, st croix trail, and then out through Prescott, and then down the Wisconsin side.

best local drive.

gunflint trail (northshore) would probably be the next closest best drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts