Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my dealer today to see if he had any updates as far as arrival times. He told me they have a Slingshot display that must be set up in an assigned area in the dealership. He says it must be ready by October 15th. Reading between the lines tells me they'll be here by then. He also gave me the impression that they would get many more units than what they originally expected due to the high demand. I hope my predictions and his are right.
Anxiously waiting in Indiana

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Display set up time, plus accessorizing time, plus time to get Polaris approval and have the units shipped. Remember that; it may be the difference of up to three weeks more delay.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Display set up time, plus accessorizing time, plus time to get Polaris approval and have the units shipped. Remember that; it may be the difference of up to three weeks more delay.
I went to my dealer today to see if he had any updates as far as arrival times. He told me they have a Slingshot display that must be set up in an assigned area in the dealership. He says it must be ready by October 15th. Reading between the lines tells me they'll be here by then. He also gave me the impression that they would get many more units than what they originally expected due to the high demand. I hope my predictions and his are right.
Anxiously waiting in Indiana
Not good news. That will probably be too late to take a skills test for a motercycle endorsement in MI. No sence wasting warenty and money if I can't bring it to AZ this winter.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Not good news. That will probably be too late to take a skills test for a motercycle endorsement in MI. No sence wasting warenty and money if I can't bring it to AZ this winter.
Weather not a problem in FL but even if it was I think I'd get my SS in the garage and begin farkeling.

Not that I hear there is a problem with oil temps on the SS but I've always felt better if my machines have oil coolers. Anyone know if the SS has one?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Brent
Go take a local class, they should provide bike and or scooters - that should wave the need to take the riding part of your skills test. If the MI skills test is anything like MO or KS you will have a hell of a time passing it on a Slingshot anyway. You will not be able to see the cones and the cones will so close together the Slingshot may not even fit in the course.
I took mine on a honda hurricane ( big fairings ) and it was really hard on that.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Brent
Go take a local class, they should provide bike and or scooters - that should wave the need to take the riding part of your skills test. If the MI skills test is anything like MO or KS you will have a hell of a time passing it on a Slingshot anyway. You will not be able to see the cones and the cones will so close together the Slingshot may not even fit in the course.
I took mine on a honda hurricane ( big fairings ) and it was really hard on that.
Plus when you take that MSF class you get an insurance break..

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Another PLUS for taking the MSF is that successful completion of the MSF, in most states, lets you get your license by showing the certificate and not having to do the road test.

·
The Pack
5,180 Posts
In va you're considered to have a license as soon as you complete the course. I think you have 30 days or so before you actually have to go get the M printed on your real one.

·
Registered
541 Posts
This is why I'm going to go this route. When I move out of this state it'll be simple to get the mc endorsement. Don't need a mc endorsement in California to ride the SS, but I'll have it. A bonus will be cheaper insurance

·
Registered
203 Posts
Brent
Thanks for the advise.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just got off the phone with my dealership, Louisiana Power Sports in Bossier City...... They are now saying delivery won't be until late October to mid-November.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts