Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

Good News Friday October 17th?

8K views 59 replies 25 participants last post by  Cameron Roberts 
#1 ·
Well, is this finally the day that we get word of VIN numbers and shipping confirmation?

Maybe if we all huddle together and think hard enough about it we can will it to happen :)

Here's to positive thought making it happen today!!

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, is this finally the day that we get word of VIN numbers and shipping confirmation?

Maybe if we all huddle together and think hard enough about it we can will it to happen :)

Here's to positive thought making it happen today!!
Here are a couple of things that may make people happy. Looks like the Slingshot trucks are pretty easy to spot! And.... it looks like they are moving away from the warehouse (15 minutes ago) where they have had quite the stock pile of Slingshots ready to go (2 weeks ago).

I know no more information other than these photos I found on Instagram. I blanked out the people's names, so that everyone can stay anonymous.

Reactions: String
#20 ·
I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical that is a Slingshot truck. Now, I've seen that before:

But, I think that they're using common carrier trucks, unless they bought graphic for them all. I think that might be a one-off or one of a few trucks they will use for demos or one they used to move around these pre-production models.

I could be completely wrong on this, in which case, that's pretty cool!

Reactions: Mike Mtl
#21 ·
I have to admit, I'm a bit skeptical that is a Slingshot truck. Now, I've seen that before:

View attachment 1480

But, I think that they're using common carrier trucks, unless they bought graphic for them all. I think that might be a one-off or one of a few trucks they will use for demos or one they used to move around these pre-production models.

I could be completely wrong on this, in which case, that's pretty cool!
No idea... I think it makes great marketing sense, but it is quite the expense to wrap that many trucks.

I remain just as skeptical as you Kip. I don't know that person or the situation. But even if the marketing truck is back from the tour, it means the SS are going to be shipping really soon!

#26 ·
The word on the street is they will ship to all participating dealers who completed the required application at the July dealer show, and who have finished all of the display and training and etc, within two about days of each other. No definite word on how many will arrive at once, but the supposition is still one base and two SL.
Said dealers will be notified via the dealer portal shipment system, and potentially may all know the same day when their order will arrive.

The above is what I attest to be true based on gathered knowledge and insight from our rep. At any rate, expect the phone lines to all suddenly get clogged when dealers start frantically calling their depositors with the good news. ;)

Reactions: C.G
#28 ·
TBH, I've never noticed a pattern, but I'm not usually the guy checking the order schedule typically, and if/when I do, I've done it sporadically. When someone says they update at midnight, I'm inclined to believe them, because I don't really know any better in that case.

#53 ·
Well....Maybe I will concede defeat.
I asked what happened on the 17th, the trucks didnt roll....
All I got was "I know...They were supposed to, but they didnt and I dont know why. It should be anytime now."

All I can say at this point is that IF Polaris is going to meet the "by end of October" time frame, trucks should be rolling any time now.
I think we are in the home stretch as far as the wait goes.
Sorry guys. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.