Polaris Slingshot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
5,911 Posts
Are the $1560 optional heated/cooled seats worth it in a 2023 R or just stay with the R sport seats?

Thanks,

Tom
You can buy a 12v heated seat pad for about $20.00 or I believe that there are some heated/cooled(air) units for under $100.00 How often are you going to be riding when the temps are about 30? I'd save the $1,500.00 for gas to go down the road.

· Registered
331 Posts
Do heated seats keep your core warm? What about your hands, arms and legs? Invest in some good heated clothing like warm & safe. Garments are very thin and not at all intrusive under your jacket or pants. I have the wireless remotes. Keeps us nice and toasty.

· Registered
141 Posts
I am in Massachusetts and definitely stretch my riding season for as long as I can. As long as the weather claims to be a high of 45F, I have no problem leaving the house with temps around 30F. Once they salt the roads, I am done for the season.

I tried aftermarket heated seat covers. Did they work? Yes, but not as well as I wanted. You need to remember that you are in a open cockpit. Unlike heated seats in a car, there is no warm air being blown out of the dash vent providing tons of extra heat. Think of driving you car in 35F temps, seat heater on, and the AC full blast blowing on you.

I found a heated jacket to be MUCH more effective.

But, in my opinion, the cooled (actually vented) part of the seats is much more desirable. We all know about the “sweaty back syndrome” when driving around on 85F plus days. This is when I break out my Snailax brand vented seat cushions. Between the vented cushions and a spray bottle of water, it definitely cuts down on the sweaty back.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I live 40 miles southeast of the Mackinaw Bridge in Michigan. I ride off-road side by sides, boats, and snowmobiles so I'm use to the outside and traveling in an open vehicle. Plus, when I was younger I did 75,000 miles on a Harley Ultra and two Goldwings.
But I do plan to trailer and drive this in Michigan, Smokey Mountains, Florida, Colorado Rockies, and Sturgis. I would like it more for hot weather which I dislike the most than cooler where you adjust with clothing.
And most important, if I keep my wife's temperature more somewhat stable, my riding fun is better! 😃

· Registered
11 Posts
You can buy a 12v heated seat pad for about $20.00 or I believe that there are some heated/cooled(air) units for under $100.00 How often are you going to be riding when the temps are about 30? I'd save the $1,500.00 for gas to go down the road.
I agree. Save the money. I've been out in 32 degree weather and haven't needed a heated seat. The top of my legs did get cold from the wind so I got a plain ole blanket to lay over my legs to cut the wind. My wife later bought a heated lap blanket for herself that plugs into the lighter. I also have heated jacket and pants from Cycle Gear. I use them when it gets below 32 degrees. They will keep you much warmer than a heated seat. As for coolness there are cooling seat pads/backs with fans for about $50-$80.

· Registered
5,866 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts