Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Curious what you guys have against V twins; I for one would much prefer the deep rumble over 4-cyl econobox sound.

Or is it just that there's not a powerful enough one for the weight of the SS?

That I agree with but I thought the speculation might include something lighter.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Curious what you guys have against V twins; I for one would much prefer the deep rumble over 4-cyl econobox sound.

That I agree with but I thought the speculation might include something lighter.
can you imagine what a Drago's turbocharged 142 V-Twin would sound and run like in one of these things??? Depending on your boost, 200 to 300 RWH HP

Oh hell Noah...why did you have to open this box??? DAMN :D:D:D

Hell...why not??? We ain't got nothing else of interest to talk about!!!!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
My brother in law is a mechanic, I asked him about the engine, he tells me there not really any problems with this motor... So that's another reason why I purchased

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #69

I have nothing against V-Twins , I had a Ducati 900 Monster. I own a Suzuki SV 650. And for that format, I love them!! I just cant think of a V-Twin that I would want in a 1700 lb. vehicle. Maybe there is one that I am not aware of. And I mean one that is somewhat mainstream. ( parts are easy to get) If so please inform me .

·
Registered
686 Posts
I just cant think of a V-Twin that I would want in a 1700 lb. vehicle. Maybe there is one that I am not aware of. And I mean one that is somewhat mainstream. ( parts are easy to get) If so please inform me .
I'd like to see Polaris do one that weighs half as much with the Indian motor.

I don't see that happening (at least the weight part) so I'm planning on doing it myself.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
I'd like to see Polaris do one that weighs half as much with the Indian motor.

I don't see that happening (at least the weight part) so I'm planning on doing it myself.
Go for it. I wish you the best of luck. Life would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

513 Posts
61 - 76 of 76 Posts