Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As far as engine options for the new Slingshot go, the old 2.4 and 2.0 Liter LHU seem to be out of the question. Not only has production ended on the 2.4, but the newer Gen III 2.0 Liter LTG is a masterpiece in comparison, arriving in a smaller package. Incorporating a wide array of newer technologies with improved production and materials, like a sand-casted cylinder block with Rotocast cylinder-head, it develops over 272 BHP and 260 lb-ft of torque in the Cadillac ATS. This engine is a huge improvement, not to mention all the other strength upgrades, refinements, and new forging techniques used in place of the old LHU setup. If you notice the gauges of the Slingshot in the teaser, it shows a red zone starting at 6250 rpm. The 2.0 LTG in the ATS and Malibu shows around the same number on the tach, despite technically being capable of 7000 rpm. We will soon see, but my money is on this LTG. So, who wants this precision-built turbo powerhouse on their Slingshot? I do.

^The 259 bhp and 295 lb-ft of torque LTG in the Malibu! I'll take this!

·
Registered
86 Posts
ah but GM stopped producing them. doesn't mean Polaris can't buy the engines tooling ;)

the Elio 3 wheeler uses an updated GM/Suzuki Metro inline 3! so it could happen :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah but GM stopped producing them. doesn't mean Polaris can't buy the engines tooling ;)

the Elio 3 wheeler uses an updated GM/Suzuki Metro inline 3! so it could happen :)
The I3 being developed for the Elio is merely based on that old engine's design. It is basically completely re-engineered by a third-party firm. No tooling was likely bought, but original blueprints and the rights to the design were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts