Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having issues with closing the glove box and it not catching the latch? Just started having issues with our 17 slr. We've tried closing it lightly....slamming it hard....putting key in and closing....it just seems to take an untold number of tries before it decides to catch. Do we need a new latch? and if so, how do we go about having it accept the same key?

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Have you tried lubing and/or adjusting the latch/catch?

Something maybe unique to ours is that if I apply pressure to the top of the dash at the same time I try to close the lid it will not catch.................................

Bill

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have that issue with a pannier on my Rocket 3 Touring, so occasionally I spray silicone lubricant and works fine. Try that first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Press the button latch on the outside top of globe box while open. This resets the latch
It'll reset the latch so when you close the glove box it will latch. Don't know how to adjust other than this works on our 2021 S model.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone else having issues with closing the glove box and it not catching the latch? Just started having issues with our 17 slr. We've tried closing it lightly....slamming it hard....putting key in and closing....it just seems to take an untold number of tries before it decides to catch. Do we need a new latch? and if so, how do we go about having it accept the same key?
Mine pops open every now and then in my 2020SL when I hit a bump. doesn't do it enough to annoy me yet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I also have a 2017 SLR. The only time mine won’t shut is when any of the junk in it gets in the way of the latch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts