Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, didn't take long to get my 'horn' question answered (thanks)!

I have Givi hard bags on my MC. Are there any mounting points or aftermarket brackets that will let me move the Givi bags to my Slingshot?

TIA!

·
Registered
414 Posts
It's probably to early to tell. I suspect additional storage options will be available within the next year. Time will tell. If this forum is any indication, there's certainly a demand.

·
Registered
843 Posts
If they wait till next year I hope they make the mounts/bags/whatever retro fit this years model.
I don't think a new design for the SS will come for 2016!! So if they made something, they will fit...maybe the holes already exists on the 2015 model to attach them...lol

·
Registered
101 Posts
Someone already has posted mounting two Givi style bags in this forum. He mounted them off the back of the roll bars. They did look sweet.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Here is the fist post of thread about the top boxes.

View attachment 9636

-only moderate handyman skills required
-professional looking
-less than $250 which includes the top boxes
-boxes lock on and off in about 10 seconds
-slight disadvantage in that the left box must be removed/reinstalled to refuel (extra 20 seconds)
-slight disadvantage in that part of the center rear view mirror view is block, but you have side mirrors
-no drilling, welding or otherwise marking the finishing on you SS
-mounts can be remove/mounted in 10 minutes with two 1/2 inch wrenches
-see detailed pictures later in this thread

·
Registered
647 Posts
Give Corbin some time. It took them a couple of years but they finally developed some really ugly a$$ bags for the Honda Rune.

Just so you know...I didn't buy them.

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow, didn't take long to get my 'horn' question answered (thanks)!

I have Givi hard bags on my MC. Are there any mounting points or aftermarket brackets that will let me move the Givi bags to my Slingshot?

TIA!
Not sure if you are still looking for a storage solution, but I just ordered two Givi v46 tech Top Cases and two Givi E251 Universal Adapter Plates and I am using cal777's bracket design to mount them on my slingshot. I'll post some pictures of it after I have them and they are mounted.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just had the mounting brackets fabricated and mounted to my Slingshot in anticipation of my Sturgis trip. Due to everything coming down to the wire, I didn't have time to get the brackets powder coated, so I just spray painted them flat black in the meantime until I get back home. I think they turned out great and the Givi cases also look great. I should be able to take a few pictures tomorrow and post them so everyone can see what they look like.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts