Polaris Slingshot Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I've been looking into getting a used 2015 SL and I've been shopping around for quotes for insurance. I know that in the state if CA you do not need a M1 license to drive a slingshot yet the first place I called (AAA) said they wouldn't insure it if I didn't have an M1.

Is there anyone that knows any insurance agency that does not require an M1 Liscense for a slingshot for CA?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi so I've been looking into getting a used 2015 SL and I've been shopping around for quotes for insurance. I know that in the state if CA you do not need a M1 license to drive a slingshot yet the first place I called (AAA) said they wouldn't insure it if I didn't have an M1.

Is there anyone that knows any insurance agency that does not require an M1 Liscense for a slingshot for CA?
I used Progressive, but in TX you don’t need a ML to ride a SS. Did you ask your local dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,660 Posts

There are only 5 insurance companies that will insure the Slingshot. Need to shop around ... states and companies may have different rules for the MC endorsement. Call Dan in Texas --- he is the Slingshot insurance guru ...

Dan Herrera
www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com
[email protected]
TWFG Insurance Services
(832)364-6630 phone
(832)412-3195facsimile

If anyone can help --- he can

·
Registered
589 Posts

Although I do have a MC license, I know the Slingshot is classified as an Autocycle in 41 states and the company I have is called Foremost Insurance Group in Michigan. My dealer hooked me up with them and I paid $700.00 full coverage for a year

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Although I do have a MC license, I know the Slingshot is classified as an Autocycle in 41 states and the company I have is called Foremost Insurance Group in Michigan. My dealer hooked me up with them and I paid $700.00 full coverage for a year
Do a little shopping around....I think you can do better. I know there are lots of different factor that are figured in costs of insurance, but SHOP.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Do a little shopping around....I think you can do better. I know there are lots of different factor that are figured in costs of insurance, but SHOP.
In New Jersey, that is cheap. You have no clue what they do to us in the Rip Off State.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If your state requires the motorcycle endorsement, you will be hard pressed to find any insurance company that will insure you since you aren't legally licensed to operate the vehicle you are insuring. It's one of the basic requirements.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I live in michigan White lake have ALLSTATE FULL COVERAGE $ 350.00 best deal I found

·
Registered
3 Posts
(Minnesota)

I have Safeco Insurance, however, when i got insurance they gave me the option of insuring as a Motorcycle for ($178/yr full coverage w/ $500 Deductible) or I coud insure as a Roadster for about ($650/yr full coverage w/ $500 Deductible)

The reason my motorcycle one is so cheap is because I have a Motorcycle Safety Certificate that takes about $50 off the cost

·
Registered
361 Posts

allstate said there the official insurance for Polaris ss....so I got it ...no motorcycle license....$485 a year....that's with 1000 mi a year......if you go with the average mi which is around 3500 mi it goes up to $701 a year...hope that helps...good luck

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Allstate is FULL of Something!!!! Official insurance --- NO way. Mar 2015 had Allstate for $325.00 full coverage. NO mileage limits....and since that time I have put over 60,000+ miles ... I have also changed insurance companies.

Call Dan down in Texas ...

·
Registered
361 Posts
Allstate is FULL of Something!!!! Official insurance --- NO way. Mar 2015 had Allstate for $325.00 full coverage. NO mileage limits....and since that time I have put over 60,000+ miles ... I have also changed insurance companies.

Call Dan down in Texas ...
read it on a Polaris site last year ....I'm sure things have changed by now.....everybody in game...and I'm not sure of why Polaris said that....maybe they were the first to jump in the pool.....There was a lot denying and over charging in the beginning ......didn't mean to hit the laugh button it was next to the informative button.......that's it ...I know things have change and sensitivity is very important...but when you laughed at that serious problem I was having with the no start I went back and found this......sorry about that...I don't play adolescent games ....I'm always collecting info and trying to help anyone having a problem...so sorry for ha ha.......wanted informative, might not had my glasses on ...lol...oldtimers mistake...so no worries Ej...Iv'e enjoyed all your posts and info.....

·
Registered
72 Posts
There are only 5 insurance companies that will insure the Slingshot. Need to shop around ... states and companies may have different rules for the MC endorsement. Call Dan in Texas --- he is the Slingshot insurance guru ...

Dan Herrera
www.buymotorcycleinsurance.com
[email protected]
TWFG Insurance Services
(832)364-6630 phone
(832)412-3195facsimile

If anyone can help --- he can
OMG YES HE CAN DO IT. I WAS LOOKING AT 1200 A YEAR. DAN GOT IT DOWN WITH MY VICTORY 699 A YEAR, WITH A LOT MORE COVERAGE. SO GLAD HE WAS RECOMMENDED

1 - 16 of 16 Posts